How to buy TPG Telecom shares | A$7.08
Own TPG Telecom shares in just a few minutes.
TPG Corporation Limited is a wireless communications business based in Australia. TPG Telecom shares (TPM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $7.08 – a decrease of 3.54% over the previous week. TPG Telecom has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.5 billion.
How to buy shares in TPG Telecom
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for TPG Telecom. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TPM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until TPG Telecom reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $7.08, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of TPG Telecom. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- TPG Telecom key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is TPG Telecom stock a buy or sell?
- TPG Telecom performance over time
- Are TPG Telecom shares over-valued?
- TPG Telecom's financials
- How volatile are TPG Telecom shares?
- Does TPG Telecom pay a dividend?
- Have TPG Telecom shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted TPG Telecom's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, TPG Telecom's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $7.08, which is 11.61% down on its pre-crash value of $8.01 and 16.07% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $6.1.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of TPG Telecom shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $894.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $987.45.
TPG Telecom share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TPM stocks over time.
TPG Telecom shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$7.08|
|52-week range||AUDA$6.22 - AUDA$9.09|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$7.784|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$7.8258|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.05 (0.57%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.292|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy TPG Telecom stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
TPG Telecom price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-3.54%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||-3.01%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-19.87%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||-1.67%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||0.71%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||-14.80%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||38.28%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-29.22%|
Is TPG Telecom under- or over-valued?
Valuing TPG Telecom stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of TPG Telecom's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
TPG Telecom's P/E ratio
TPG Telecom's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, TPG Telecom shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
TPG Telecom's EBITDA
TPG Telecom's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $795.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a TPG Telecom's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
TPG Telecom financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.5 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||19.24%|
|Gross profit TTM||$993.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.57%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.38%|
|Market capitalisation||$16.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
TPG Telecom share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 13.75% of net profits
Recently TPG Telecom has paid out, on average, around 13.75% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.57% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), TPG Telecom shareholders could enjoy a 0.57% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In TPG Telecom's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
While TPG Telecom's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that TPG Telecom is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 29 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have TPG Telecom's shares ever split?
TPG Telecom's shares were split on 10 April 2008.
TPG Telecom share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, TPG Telecom's shares have ranged in value from as little as $6.22 up to $9.09. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while TPG Telecom's is 0.4. This would suggest that TPG Telecom's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
TPG Telecom overview
TPG Corporation Limited provides telecommunication services to residential users, small businesses, corporate, government, and wholesale customers in Australia and internationally. TPG Corporation Limited is based in Macquarie Park, Australia. As of June 29, 2020, TPG Corporation Limited operates as a subsidiary of TPG Telecom Limited.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert