How to buy Timah Resources shares | A$0.056
Own Timah Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Timah Resources Limited is an utilities—renewable business based in Australia. Timah Resources shares (TML) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.056 – an increase of 1.82% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $5.1 million.
How to buy shares in Timah Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Timah Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TML. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Timah Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.056, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Timah Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Timah Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Timah Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Timah Resources performance over time
- Are Timah Resources shares over-valued?
- Timah Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Timah Resources shares?
- Does Timah Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Timah Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Timah Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Timah Resources 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.056, which is 13.85% down on its pre-crash value of $0.065 and 16.07% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.065.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Timah Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $861.54.
Timah Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TML stocks over time.
Timah Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.056|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.045 - AUDA$0.072|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0528|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0586|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.0197|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Timah Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Timah Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||12.00%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||5.66%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||24.44%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-13.85%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-22.22%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||180.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||12.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-77.14%|
Is Timah Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Timah Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Timah Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Timah Resources 's P/E ratio
Timah Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 4x. In other words, Timah Resources shares trade at around 4x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Timah Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$2.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.33%|
|Return on equity TTM||20.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Timah Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Timah Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Timah Resources 's shares ever split?
Timah Resources 's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 6 September 2015. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Timah Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Timah Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Timah Resources 's share price.
Timah Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Timah Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.045 up to $0.072. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Timah Resources 's is 0.5221. This would suggest that Timah Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Timah Resources overview
Timah Resources Limited, through its subsidiary, Mistral Engineering Sdn Bhd., generates biogas renewable energy in Australia and Malaysia. It owns and operates a biogas power plant with approximately 4 megawatts located in Sabah, Malaysia. The company is based in Sandakan, Malaysia. Timah Resources Limited is a subsidiary of Cash Nexus (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert