How to invest in the Tik Tok IPO
Tik Tok is set to go public, here's what you need to know if you're looking to buy in.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Rumors are that Tik Tok may go public soon. The company recently came under fire for its ties to China amid privacy concerns. But its deal with Oracle and Walmart to form Tik Tok global has laid many of those concerns to rest and allowed the app to stay available to US users.
The new deal leaves the Chinese company ByteDance with majority ownership of the app. But Walmart will have a 7.5% stake and Oracle will have a 12.5% stake, plus the authority to conduct checks on Tik Tok's code — a key part of the deal.
Now that many of the concerns about Tik Tok have been laid to rest, the company is once again looking to launch an IPO. But not many details have been released about what that might look like or when it would happen.
What we know about the Tik Tok IPO
Tik Tok is expected to go public. Tik Tok has not yet filed a viewable Form S-1 with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. We'll update this page with information as it becomes available.
There's no news yet about how much the stock will cost when it goes public. No date has been set for when the stock will be publicly available.
How to buy shares in Tik Tok when it goes public
Once Tik Tok goes public, you'll need a brokerage account to invest. Consider opening a brokerage account today so you're ready as soon as the stock hits the market. If the company does list in the US, you'll need a share trading platform with access to US stocks.
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Tik Tok. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy immediately with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Tik Tok reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Tik Tok, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Tik Tok. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How do similar companies perform?
It's impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. But evaluating the performance of companies like N/A can be useful in determining how the market is performing and whether now is a good time to invest in this industry. Select a company to learn more about what they do and how their stock performs, including market capitalisation, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield. While this list includes a selection of the most well-known and popular stocks, it doesn't include every stock available.
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert