How to buy Thorney Opportunities shares
Own Thorney Opportunities shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Thorney Opportunities Ltd is an asset management business based in Australia. Thorney Opportunities shares (TOP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Thorney Opportunities has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $109 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Thorney Opportunities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Thorney Opportunities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TOP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Thorney Opportunities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Thorney Opportunities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Thorney Opportunities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Thorney Opportunities stock a buy or sell?
- Thorney Opportunities performance over time
- Thorney Opportunities 's financials
- How volatile are Thorney Opportunities shares?
- Does Thorney Opportunities pay a dividend?
- Have Thorney Opportunities shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Thorney Opportunities share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TOP stocks over time.
Thorney Opportunities shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.326 - $0.605|
|50-day moving average||$0.5441|
|200-day moving average||$0.5527|
|Dividend yield||$0.021 (3.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.104|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Thorney Opportunities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Thorney Opportunities price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-08)||-1.82%|
|1 month (2021-05-14)||2.86%|
|3 months (2021-03-15)||-0.92%|
|6 months (2020-12-15)||-9.24%|
|1 year (2020-06-15)||9.09%|
|2 years (2019-06-14)||-16.92%|
|3 years (2018-06-15)||-21.17%|
|5 years (2016-06-15)||0.54|
Thorney Opportunities financials
|Operating margin TTM||209.75%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-46,952,066|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.06%|
|Return on equity TTM||-6.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$109 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Thorney Opportunities share dividends
We're not expecting Thorney Opportunities to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Thorney Opportunities 's shares ever split?
Thorney Opportunities 's shares were split on a 1:7 basis on 24 November 2013. So if you had owned 7 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Thorney Opportunities shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 600% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Thorney Opportunities shares which in turn could have impacted Thorney Opportunities 's share price.
Thorney Opportunities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Thorney Opportunities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.326 up to $0.605. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Thorney Opportunities 's is 0.8679. This would suggest that Thorney Opportunities 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Thorney Opportunities overview
Thorney Opportunities Ltd is an equity fund launched and managed by Thorney Management Services Pty Ltd. The fund invests in the public equity markets of Australia. It seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. Thorney Opportunities Ltd is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert