How to buy Thorney Opportunities shares | A$0.495
Own Thorney Opportunities shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Thorney Opportunities Ltd is an asset management business based in Australia. Thorney Opportunities shares (TOP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.495 – an increase of 5.32% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $93.7 million.
How to buy shares in Thorney Opportunities
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Thorney Opportunities . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TOP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Thorney Opportunities reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.495, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Thorney Opportunities . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Thorney Opportunities key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Thorney Opportunities stock a buy or sell?
- Thorney Opportunities performance over time
- Are Thorney Opportunities shares over-valued?
- Thorney Opportunities 's financials
- How volatile are Thorney Opportunities shares?
- Does Thorney Opportunities pay a dividend?
- Have Thorney Opportunities shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Thorney Opportunities 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Thorney Opportunities 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.495, which is 23.26% down on its pre-crash value of $0.645 and 59.68% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.31.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Thorney Opportunities shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $519.38 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $767.44.
Thorney Opportunities share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TOP stocks over time.
Thorney Opportunities shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.495|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.2621 - AUDA$0.69|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2733|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2659|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (4.26%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.104|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Thorney Opportunities stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Thorney Opportunities price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-15)||6.45%|
|1 month (2020-09-23)||4.21%|
|3 months (2020-07-22)||82.79%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||25.32%|
|1 year (2019-10-22)||-26.67%|
|2 years (2018-10-22)||-27.21%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-30.28%|
|5 years (2015-10-22)||-1.00%|
Is Thorney Opportunities under- or over-valued?
Valuing Thorney Opportunities stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Thorney Opportunities 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Thorney Opportunities 's P/E ratio
Thorney Opportunities 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 3x. In other words, Thorney Opportunities shares trade at around 3x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Thorney Opportunities financials
|Operating margin TTM||105.95%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-46,952,066|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.51%|
|Return on equity TTM||-24.49%|
|Market capitalisation||$93.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Thorney Opportunities share dividends
We're not expecting Thorney Opportunities to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Thorney Opportunities 's shares ever split?
Thorney Opportunities 's shares were split on a 1:7 basis on 24 November 2013. So if you had owned 7 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Thorney Opportunities shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 600% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Thorney Opportunities shares which in turn could have impacted Thorney Opportunities 's share price.
Thorney Opportunities share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Thorney Opportunities 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.2621 up to $0.69. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Thorney Opportunities 's is 1.0209. This would suggest that Thorney Opportunities 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Thorney Opportunities overview
Thorney Opportunities Ltd is an equity fund launched and managed by Thorney Management Services Pty Ltd. The fund invests in the public equity markets of Australia. It seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. Thorney Opportunities Ltd is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert