How to buy Thor Mining PLC shares | A$0.022
Own Thor Mining PLC shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Thor Mining PLC is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Thor Mining PLC shares (THR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.022 – an increase of 46.67% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $39 million.
How to buy shares in Thor Mining PLC
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Thor Mining PLC. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: THR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Thor Mining PLC reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.022, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Thor Mining PLC. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Thor Mining PLC key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Thor Mining PLC stock a buy or sell?
- Thor Mining PLC performance over time
- Thor Mining PLC's financials
- How volatile are Thor Mining PLC shares?
- Does Thor Mining PLC pay a dividend?
- Have Thor Mining PLC shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Thor Mining PLC's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Thor Mining PLC's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.022, which is 72.73% up on its pre-crash value of $0.006 and 633.33% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.003.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Thor Mining PLC shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $428.57 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $3,142.86.
Thor Mining PLC share priceUse our graph to track the performance of THR stocks over time.
Thor Mining PLC shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.022|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.003 - AUDA$0.021|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0151|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.009|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Thor Mining PLC stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Thor Mining PLC price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||46.67%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||10.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-23)||214.29%|
|6 months (2020-04-23)||266.67%|
|1 year (2019-10-23)||214.29%|
|2 years (2018-10-23)||-29.03%|
|3 years (2017-10-23)||46.67%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||-12.00%|
Thor Mining PLC financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.45%|
|Return on equity TTM||-7.35%|
|Market capitalisation||$39 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Thor Mining PLC share dividends
We're not expecting Thor Mining PLC to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Thor Mining PLC's shares ever split?
Thor Mining PLC's shares were split on a 1:25 basis on 28 November 2016. So if you had owned 25 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Thor Mining PLC shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Thor Mining PLC shares which in turn could have impacted Thor Mining PLC's share price.
Thor Mining PLC share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Thor Mining PLC's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.021. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Thor Mining PLC's is 1.7568. This would suggest that Thor Mining PLC's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Thor Mining PLC overview
Thor Mining PLC engages in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Australia and the United States. It explores for tungsten, molybdenum, copper, uranium, vanadium, gold, and nickel deposits. The company holds 100% interests in the Molyhil tungsten-molybdenum project located in the Northern Territory of Australia; the Pilot Mountain tungsten project situated in Nevada; and the Ragged Range project located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. It also holds interests in the Kapunda copper mine and the Moonta copper project located in South Australia; and the Uranium and Vanadium project situated in the Colorado and Utah. Thor Mining PLC was incorporated in 2004 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert