How to buy Theta Gold Mines shares | A$0.305
Own Theta Gold Mines shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Theta Gold Mines Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Theta Gold Mines shares (TGM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.305 – an increase of 19.61% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $121.6 million.
How to buy shares in Theta Gold Mines
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Theta Gold Mines . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TGM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Theta Gold Mines reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.305, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Theta Gold Mines . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Theta Gold Mines key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Theta Gold Mines stock a buy or sell?
- Theta Gold Mines performance over time
- Theta Gold Mines 's financials
- How volatile are Theta Gold Mines shares?
- Does Theta Gold Mines pay a dividend?
- Have Theta Gold Mines shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Theta Gold Mines 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Theta Gold Mines 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.305, which is 19.67% up on its pre-crash value of $0.245 and 74.29% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.175.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Theta Gold Mines shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $857.14 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,452.38.
Theta Gold Mines share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TGM stocks over time.
Theta Gold Mines shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.305|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.15 - AUDA$0.32|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2497|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2461|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.016|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Theta Gold Mines stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Theta Gold Mines price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-15)||22.00%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||29.79%|
|3 months (2020-07-22)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||45.24%|
|1 year (2019-10-22)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-10-22)||221.05%|
|3 years (2017-10-22)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-22)||238.89%|
Theta Gold Mines financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.79%|
|Return on equity TTM||-110.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$121.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Theta Gold Mines share dividends
We're not expecting Theta Gold Mines to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Theta Gold Mines 's shares ever split?
Theta Gold Mines 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 3 December 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Theta Gold Mines shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Theta Gold Mines shares which in turn could have impacted Theta Gold Mines 's share price.
Theta Gold Mines share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Theta Gold Mines 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.15 up to $0.32. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Theta Gold Mines 's is -0.3738. This would suggest that Theta Gold Mines 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Theta Gold Mines has bucked the trend.
Theta Gold Mines overview
Theta Gold Mines Limited operates as a gold exploration and development company in South Africa. Its principal property is the Theta project located near the town of Pilgrim's Rest in Mpumalanga Province. The company was formerly known as Stonewall Resources Limited and changed its name to Theta Gold Mines Limited in December 2018. Theta Gold Mines Limited was incorporated in 2008 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert