How to buy The Environmental Group shares
Own The Environmental Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Environmental Group Limited is a pollution & treatment controls business based in Australia. The Environmental Group shares (EGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. The Environmental Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $37.4 million..
How to buy shares in The Environmental Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for The Environmental Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until The Environmental Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.027, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of The Environmental Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- The Environmental Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is The Environmental Group stock a buy or sell?
- The Environmental Group performance over time
- Are The Environmental Group shares over-valued?
- The Environmental Group 's financials
- How volatile are The Environmental Group shares?
- Does The Environmental Group pay a dividend?
- Have The Environmental Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
The Environmental Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EGL stocks over time.
The Environmental Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.023 - $0.046|
|50-day moving average||$0.03|
|200-day moving average||$0.0269|
|Dividend yield||$0 (2.12%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy The Environmental Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
The Environmental Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-15.63%|
|1 month (2020-12-21)||-6.90%|
|3 months (2020-10-21)||-10.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-21)||12.50%|
|1 year (2020-01-21)||-32.50%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-55.74%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-64.00%|
|5 years (2016-01-17)||N/A|
Is The Environmental Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing The Environmental Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of The Environmental Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
The Environmental Group 's P/E ratio
The Environmental Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, The Environmental Group shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
The Environmental Group 's EBITDA
The Environmental Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.5 million (£866,162).
The EBITDA is a measure of a The Environmental Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
The Environmental Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$37.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$12.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||-8.25%|
|Market capitalisation||$8.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
The Environmental Group share dividends
We're not expecting The Environmental Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have The Environmental Group 's shares ever split?
The Environmental Group 's shares were split on a 1:3 basis on 10 December 2010. So if you had owned 3 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your The Environmental Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 200% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for The Environmental Group shares which in turn could have impacted The Environmental Group 's share price.
The Environmental Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, The Environmental Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.023 up to $0.046. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while The Environmental Group 's is 1.0967. This would suggest that The Environmental Group 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
The Environmental Group overview
The Environmental Group Limited engages in the design, application, and servicing of gas and vapor emission control systems, and inlet and exhaust systems for gas turbines in Australia and internationally. Its products include gas turbine inlet filtration systems (filter houses), inlet cooling/fogging systems, acoustical components, expansion joints, and complete exhaust systems with guillotine and diverter dampers; and a range of air pollution control equipment and services for the removal of pollutants from industrial gas and air streams. The company also provides engineering, and water treatment services to various industries; and installation, commissioning, service, and maintenance of steam boilers, inert gas generators, hot water boilers, valves, thermal oil heaters, economizers, and burners. The Environmental Group Limited was incorporated in 1923 and is headquartered in Notting Hill, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$52.87
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$104.51
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$24.15
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$89.59
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$17.03
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$75.86
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$51.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy The Environmental Group units | A$9.49
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert