How to buy The Citadel Group shares | A$5.58
Own The Citadel Group shares in just a few minutes.
The Citadel Group Limited is an information technology services business based in Australia. The Citadel Group shares (CGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5.58 – an increase of 0.18% over the previous week. The Citadel Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $122 million.
How to buy shares in The Citadel Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for The Citadel Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until The Citadel Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.58, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of The Citadel Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- The Citadel Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is The Citadel Group stock a buy or sell?
- The Citadel Group performance over time
- Are The Citadel Group shares over-valued?
- The Citadel Group's financials
- How volatile are The Citadel Group shares?
- Does The Citadel Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted The Citadel Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, The Citadel Group's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $5.58, which is 16.31% up on its pre-crash value of $4.67 and 363.07% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.205.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of The Citadel Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $241.55 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,109.36.
The Citadel Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CGL stocks over time.
The Citadel Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5.58|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.205 - AUDA$5.92|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$4.1517|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.3031|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.12 (2.15%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.122|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy The Citadel Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
The Citadel Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||0.18%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||24.83%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||59.89%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||304.35%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||43.08%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-29.81%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-0.71%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||27.69%|
Is The Citadel Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing The Citadel Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of The Citadel Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
The Citadel Group's P/E ratio
The Citadel Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 30x. In other words, The Citadel Group shares trade at around 30x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
The Citadel Group's EBITDA
The Citadel Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $8.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a The Citadel Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
The Citadel Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$122 million|
|Operating margin TTM||3.7%|
|Gross profit TTM||$50.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.17%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.7%|
|Market capitalisation||$438.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
The Citadel Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 87.18% of net profits
Recently The Citadel Group has paid out, on average, around 87.18% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.15% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), The Citadel Group shareholders could enjoy a 2.15% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In The Citadel Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.12 per share.
The Citadel Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
The Citadel Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, The Citadel Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.205 up to $5.92. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while The Citadel Group's is 1.3934. This would suggest that The Citadel Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
The Citadel Group overview
The Citadel Group Limited, a software and services company, provides software platforms, digital services, and managed services solutions in Australia and internationally. It operates in five segments: Health, Technology, Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services, and Wellbeing. The company primarily offers term managed, software as a service, product sales and installation, consulting, and professional services. It also provides education, specialist consulting and human resource, technology and integration, knowledge management and advisory, systems integration and software development, data management, and information and communications technology managed services, as well as oncology patient management software. Additionally, the company offers radiology and maternity workflow solutions, and health software services. It serves customers in the e-health, defense and national security, government, and tertiary education sectors. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Symonston, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert