How to buy Terrain Minerals shares | A$0.013
Own Terrain Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Terrain Minerals Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Terrain Minerals shares (TMX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.013 – the same closing value as a week prior. Terrain Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $44,249.
How to buy shares in Terrain Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Terrain Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TMX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Terrain Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.013, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Terrain Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Terrain Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Terrain Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Terrain Minerals performance over time
- Are Terrain Minerals shares over-valued?
- Terrain Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Terrain Minerals shares?
- Does Terrain Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Terrain Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Terrain Minerals 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Terrain Minerals 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.013, which is 69.23% up on its pre-crash value of $0.004 and 550.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.002.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Terrain Minerals shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $750.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $3,250.00.
Terrain Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TMX stocks over time.
Terrain Minerals shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.013|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.003 - AUDA$0.019|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0149|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0099|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Terrain Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Terrain Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-14)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-18.75%|
|3 months (2020-07-21)||44.44%|
|6 months (2020-04-21)||160.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||225.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-17)||160.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-18)||62.50%|
|5 years (2015-10-21)||160.00%|
Is Terrain Minerals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Terrain Minerals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Terrain Minerals 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Terrain Minerals 's P/E ratio
Terrain Minerals 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, Terrain Minerals shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Terrain Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$44,249|
|Return on assets TTM||-18.91%|
|Return on equity TTM||61.02%|
|Market capitalisation||$9.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Terrain Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Terrain Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Terrain Minerals 's shares ever split?
Terrain Minerals 's shares were split on 17 May 2009.
Terrain Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Terrain Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.019. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Terrain Minerals 's is 1.8461. This would suggest that Terrain Minerals 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Terrain Minerals overview
Terrain Minerals Limited engages in the exploration of gold, base and energy metals, and other mineral resources in Australia. The company owns a 100% interests in the Wild Viper Gold Exploration Project located in the Goldfields Highway. It also holds interests in the Smokebush Gold Exploration Project located in the Paynes Find within the Yalgoo Mineral Field. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert