How to buy Tanami Gold NL (TAM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Tanami Gold NL shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Tanami Gold NL is a gold business based in Australia. Tanami Gold NL shares (TAM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Tanami Gold NL has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $52.9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Tanami Gold NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Tanami Gold NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TAM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Tanami Gold NL reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Tanami Gold NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Tanami Gold NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Tanami Gold NL stock a buy or sell?
- Tanami Gold NL performance over time
- Are Tanami Gold NL shares over-valued?
- Tanami Gold NL's financials
- How volatile are Tanami Gold NL shares?
- Does Tanami Gold NL pay a dividend?
- Have Tanami Gold NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Tanami Gold NL stock price (ASX:TAM)Use our graph to track the performance of TAM stocks over time.
Tanami Gold NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.045 - $0.078|
|50-day moving average||$0.0545|
|200-day moving average||$0.0623|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.008|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Tanami Gold NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Tanami Gold NL price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-24)||-9.62%|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-11.32%|
|3 months (2022-04-05)||-21.67%|
|6 months (2022-01-05)||-24.19%|
|1 year (2021-07-05)||-36.49%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||-26.56%|
|3 years (2019-07-05)||-2.08%|
|5 years (2017-07-03)||-7.84%|
Is Tanami Gold NL under- or over-valued?
Valuing Tanami Gold NL stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Tanami Gold NL's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Tanami Gold NL's P/E ratio
Tanami Gold NL's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, Tanami Gold NL shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Tanami Gold NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.52%|
|Market capitalisation||$52.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Tanami Gold NL share dividends
We're not expecting Tanami Gold NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Tanami Gold NL's shares ever split?
Tanami Gold NL's shares were split on a 1:30 basis on 24 August 2010. So if you had owned 30 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Tanami Gold NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Tanami Gold NL shares which in turn could have impacted Tanami Gold NL's share price.
Tanami Gold NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Tanami Gold NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.045 up to $0.078. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Tanami Gold NL's is 0.0263. This would suggest that Tanami Gold NL's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Tanami Gold NL overview
Tanami Gold NL, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and evaluation of gold properties in Australia. The company's flagship project is the Central Tanami Project located in the Tanami Desert in the Northern Territory. Tanami Gold NL was incorporated in 1968 and is based in South Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Tanami Gold NL
Tanami Gold NL in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Octava Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Octava Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
Ask an Expert