How to buy Tamawood shares | A$3.69
Own Tamawood shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Tamawood Limited is a residential construction business based in Australia. Tamawood shares (TWD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $3.69 – an increase of 6.96% over the previous week. Tamawood has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $91.9 million.
How to buy shares in Tamawood
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Tamawood . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: TWD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Tamawood reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.69, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Tamawood . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Tamawood share priceUse our graph to track the performance of TWD stocks over time.
Tamawood shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$3.69|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.36 - AUDA$3.75|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.0642|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.7427|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.12 (3.57%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.162|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Tamawood stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Tamawood price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||23.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||39.25%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||48.79%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||8.53%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-10.65%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-11.51%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||6.34%|
Is Tamawood under- or over-valued?
Valuing Tamawood stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Tamawood 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Tamawood 's P/E ratio
Tamawood 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 20x. In other words, Tamawood shares trade at around 20x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Tamawood 's EBITDA
Tamawood 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $6.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Tamawood 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$91.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.95%|
|Gross profit TTM||$19.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||15.2%|
|Return on equity TTM||31.6%|
|Market capitalisation||$97.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Tamawood share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 148.13% of net profits
Recently Tamawood has paid out, on average, around 148.13% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.57% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Tamawood shareholders could enjoy a 3.57% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Tamawood 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.12 per share.
Tamawood 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 16 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Tamawood 's shares ever split?
Tamawood 's shares were split on 11 October 2009.
Tamawood share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Tamawood 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.36 up to $3.75. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Tamawood 's is 0.4464. This would suggest that Tamawood 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Tamawood Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides contract home construction, home design, project management, and other associated services in Australia. It is also involved in franchising and licensing operations, as well as generates and trades in renewable energy certificates associated with solar products. Tamawood Limited was founded in 1989 and is based in Rocklea, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert