How to buy Syrah Resources shares | A$0.49
Own Syrah Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Syrah Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Syrah Resources shares (SYR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.49 – the same closing value as a week prior. Syrah Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $32.8 million.
How to buy shares in Syrah Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Syrah Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SYR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Syrah Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.49, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Syrah Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Syrah Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Syrah Resources 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.49, which is 5.77% down on its pre-crash value of $0.52 and 226.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.15.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Syrah Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $450.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $980.00.
Syrah Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SYR stocks over time.
Syrah Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.49|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.15 - AUDA$0.74|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.4347|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.3368|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.305|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Syrah Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Syrah Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||-2.97%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||3.16%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||50.77%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||108.51%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||11.36%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-68.54%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-86.28%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-83.71%|
Syrah Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$32.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-39,978,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-17.48%|
|Return on equity TTM||-22.11%|
|Market capitalisation||$201.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Syrah Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Syrah Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Syrah Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Syrah Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.15 up to $0.74. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Syrah Resources 's is 1.0376. This would suggest that Syrah Resources 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Syrah Resources overview
Syrah Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, evaluation, and development of mineral properties in Mozambique. The company operates through two segments, Balama and Battery Anode Material. Its principal project is the Balama graphite and vanadium project located in the Cabo Delgado province of northern Mozambique. The company also produces, distributes, and sells natural flake graphite. In addition, it produces natural spherical graphite through downstream strategy, which is used to manufacture anodes for lithium ion batteries and recarburiser products that are used in steel making, iron casting, foundries, automotive parts, and lubricants. Syrah Resources Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert