How to buy Swick Mining Services shares
Own Swick Mining Services shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Swick Mining Services Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Swick Mining Services shares (SWK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Swick Mining Services has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $149.6 million..
How to buy shares in Swick Mining Services
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Swick Mining Services . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SWK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Swick Mining Services reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.205, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Swick Mining Services . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Swick Mining Services key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Swick Mining Services stock a buy or sell?
- Swick Mining Services performance over time
- Are Swick Mining Services shares over-valued?
- Swick Mining Services 's financials
- How volatile are Swick Mining Services shares?
- Does Swick Mining Services pay a dividend?
- Have Swick Mining Services shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Swick Mining Services share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SWK stocks over time.
Swick Mining Services shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.097 - $0.24|
|50-day moving average||$0.204|
|200-day moving average||$0.161|
|Dividend yield||$0.01 (2.79%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Swick Mining Services stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Swick Mining Services price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||7.89%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||7.89%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||20.59%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-10.87%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-19.61%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||86.36%|
Is Swick Mining Services under- or over-valued?
Valuing Swick Mining Services stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Swick Mining Services 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Swick Mining Services 's P/E ratio
Swick Mining Services 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 41x. In other words, Swick Mining Services shares trade at around 41x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Swick Mining Services 's EBITDA
Swick Mining Services 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $16.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Swick Mining Services 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Swick Mining Services financials
|Revenue TTM||$149.6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$31.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.66%|
|Return on equity TTM||-6.81%|
|Market capitalisation||$62.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Swick Mining Services share dividends
We're not expecting Swick Mining Services to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Swick Mining Services 's shares ever split?
Swick Mining Services 's shares were split on 25 June 2009.
Swick Mining Services share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Swick Mining Services 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.097 up to $0.24. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Swick Mining Services 's is 1.5554. This would suggest that Swick Mining Services 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Swick Mining Services overview
Swick Mining Services Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides mineral drilling services to the mining industry in Australia, North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. The company offers services primarily in the areas of underground diamond drilling and surface reverse circulation drilling. It also carries out research and development activities in mineral analysis technologies. The company was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in South Guildford, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Swick Mining Services units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert