How to buy Supply Network shares | A$5
Own Supply Network shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Supply Network Limited is an auto parts business based in Australia. Supply Network shares (SNL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5 – an increase of 1.83% over the previous week. Supply Network has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $136.8 million.
How to buy shares in Supply Network
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Supply Network . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SNL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Supply Network reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Supply Network . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Supply Network key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Supply Network stock a buy or sell?
- Supply Network performance over time
- Are Supply Network shares over-valued?
- Supply Network 's financials
- How volatile are Supply Network shares?
- Does Supply Network pay a dividend?
- Have Supply Network shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Supply Network 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Supply Network 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $5, which is 15.80% up on its pre-crash value of $4.21 and 67.22% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.99.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Supply Network shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $709.31 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,162.80.
Supply Network share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SNL stocks over time.
Supply Network shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.99 - AUDA$4.98|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$4.7631|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$4.1843|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.15 (3.22%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.234|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Supply Network stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Supply Network price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||1.83%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||4.38%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||24.38%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||44.09%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||20.48%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||2.25%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||42.45%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||153.81%|
Is Supply Network under- or over-valued?
Valuing Supply Network stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Supply Network 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Supply Network 's P/E ratio
Supply Network 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, Supply Network shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Supply Network 's EBITDA
Supply Network 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $16.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Supply Network 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Supply Network financials
|Revenue TTM||$136.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||11.19%|
|Gross profit TTM||$57.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||10.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||23.7%|
|Market capitalisation||$196.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Supply Network share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 64.58% of net profits
Recently Supply Network has paid out, on average, around 64.58% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.22% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Supply Network shareholders could enjoy a 3.22% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Supply Network 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.15 per share.
Supply Network 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 15 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Supply Network 's shares ever split?
Supply Network 's shares were split on 26 March 1992.
Supply Network share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Supply Network 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.99 up to $4.98. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Supply Network 's is 0.3054. This would suggest that Supply Network 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Supply Network overview
Supply Network Limited provides aftermarket parts to the commercial vehicle industry in Australia and New Zealand. The company sells truck and bus parts under the Multispares brand name, as well as offers a range of services comprising parts interpreting, procurement, and supply management. Supply Network Limited was incorporated in 1986 and is based in Pemulwuy, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert