How to buy Structural Monitoring Systems Plc (SMN) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc is a scientific & technical instruments business based in Australia. Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares (SMN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Structural Monitoring Systems Plc has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $15.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Structural Monitoring Systems Plc
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Structural Monitoring Systems Plc. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SMN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Structural Monitoring Systems Plc reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Structural Monitoring Systems Plc. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Structural Monitoring Systems Plc key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Structural Monitoring Systems Plc stock a buy or sell?
- Structural Monitoring Systems Plc performance over time
- Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's financials
- How volatile are Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares?
- Does Structural Monitoring Systems Plc pay a dividend?
- Have Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc stock price (ASX:SMN)Use our graph to track the performance of SMN stocks over time.
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.35 - $1.05|
|50-day moving average||$0.7997|
|200-day moving average||$0.5667|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.016|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Structural Monitoring Systems Plc stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-22)||-10.20%|
|1 month (2021-10-29)||-21.89%|
|3 months (2021-08-27)||-20.00%|
|6 months (2021-05-28)||65.00%|
|1 year (2020-11-27)||46.67%|
|2 years (2019-11-29)||-30.53%|
|3 years (2018-11-29)||-27.87%|
|5 years (2016-11-29)||-63.54%|
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc financials
|Revenue TTM||$15.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$7.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.43%|
|Return on equity TTM||-14.29%|
|Market capitalisation||$81 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc share dividends
We're not expecting Structural Monitoring Systems Plc to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's shares ever split?
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 2 December 2011. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Structural Monitoring Systems Plc shares which in turn could have impacted Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's share price.
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.35 up to $1.05. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's is 0.7328. This would suggest that Structural Monitoring Systems Plc's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc overview
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells structural health monitoring systems for the aviation industry in Australasia, the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. It offers Comparitive Vacuum Monitoring sensors that measure the differential pressure between alternating channels containing air at a partial vacuum pressure and channels containing air at atmospheric channels in a simple manifold. The company also manufactures avionics and audio systems. Structural Monitoring Systems Plc was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Claremont, Australia.
Stocks similar to Structural Monitoring Systems Plc
Structural Monitoring Systems Plc in the news
Structural Monitoring : Update - Proposed issue of securities - SMN
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Black Friday vacuum cleaner deals 2021: Dyson, Bosch and more
Get up to 58% off on robot cleaners to barrels and cordless sticks to all things Dyson during the Black Friday sales.
Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals 2021 Australia with up to 59% off
These are the best Black Friday deals for Nintendo Switch, including up to 59% off bestselling Switch games.
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
Apple Watch Black Friday sales in Australia
Black Friday bargains include discounts on the Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch accessories.
Black Friday air fryer sales: Up to 85% off our favourite brands
Save up to 84% off select air fryers and multi cookers on Black Friday from Amazon, eBay and Catch and more.
Black Friday mega deal: $162 off Nintendo Switch bundles
Get the Nintendo Switch bundled with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a 3-month Nintendo Switch Online subscription for $369 - save $160!
The best Black Friday headphone sales in Australia: Get up to 58% off
The biggest discounts include $200 off the Apple AirPods Max, 40% off the Beats Solo3, 38% off Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds and 56% off Sennheiser HD 400s.
Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 gaming laptop deals, save up to 40% off
Save over $1000 on gaming laptops during Black Friday 2021 from Dell, MSI, Lenovo, OMEN and Alienware and more.
Ask an Expert