How to buy Strike Energy (STX) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Strike Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Strike Energy is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Strike Energy shares (STX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Strike Energy has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $627.8 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Strike Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Strike Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: STX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Strike Energy reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Strike Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Strike Energy stock price (ASX:STX)Use our graph to track the performance of STX stocks over time.
Strike Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.145 - $0.37|
|50-day moving average||$0.3133|
|200-day moving average||$0.2505|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.008|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Strike Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Strike Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-02)||-7.69%|
|1 month (2022-05-12)||5.26%|
|3 months (2022-03-11)||1.69%|
|6 months (2021-12-10)||66.67%|
|1 year (2021-06-11)||-17.81%|
|2 years (2020-06-12)||50.00%|
|3 years (2019-06-12)||368.75%|
|5 years (2017-06-09)||417.24%|
Is Strike Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Strike Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Strike Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Strike Energy 's EBITDA
Strike Energy 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.5 million (£859,683).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Strike Energy 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Strike Energy financials
|Operating margin TTM||123.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$14.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.41%|
|Return on equity TTM||-17.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$627.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Strike Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Strike Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Strike Energy 's shares ever split?
Strike Energy 's shares were split on 13 September 2007.
Strike Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Strike Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.145 up to $0.37. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Strike Energy 's is 0.2514. This would suggest that Strike Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Strike Energy overview
Strike Energy Limited explores for and develops oil and gas resources in Australia. The company primarily focuses on the West Erregulla project located in the Perth Basin. Strike Energy Limited was incorporated in 1997 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Strike Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Chalkos Metals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Chalkos Metals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Cluey (CLU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Cluey shares.
How to buy Koba Resources (KOB) shares
Steps to owning and managing Koba Resources shares.
How to buy Rincon Resources (RCR) shares
Steps to owning and managing Rincon Resource shares.
How to buy Payright (PYR) shares
Steps to owning and managing Payright shares.
How to invest in the Iltani Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Iltani Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Bloom Impact Investing app review
Bloom Impact Investing offers exclusively climate impact investing, with direct climate action being the goal.
How to buy Kingfisher Mining (KFM) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kingfisher Mining shares.
How to invest in the Botala Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Botala Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Pacific Edge (PEB) shares
Steps to owning and managing Pacific Edge shares.
Ask an Expert