How to buy Strata-X Energy shares
Own Strata-X Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Strata-X Energy Ltd is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Strata-X Energy shares (SXA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Strata-X Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $9,546..
How to buy shares in Strata-X Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Strata-X Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SXA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Strata-X Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.086, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Strata-X Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Strata-X Energy key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Strata-X Energy stock a buy or sell?
- Strata-X Energy performance over time
- Strata-X Energy 's financials
- How volatile are Strata-X Energy shares?
- Does Strata-X Energy pay a dividend?
- Have Strata-X Energy shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Strata-X Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SXA stocks over time.
Strata-X Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.036 - $0.08|
|50-day moving average||$0.0659|
|200-day moving average||$0.061|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.14|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Strata-X Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Strata-X Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-28.33%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||7.50%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-1.15%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||26.47%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||43.33%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||22.86%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||230.77%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-10.42%|
Is Strata-X Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Strata-X Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Strata-X Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Strata-X Energy 's EBITDA
Strata-X Energy 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Strata-X Energy 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Strata-X Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$1,676|
|Return on assets TTM||-42.87%|
|Return on equity TTM||-125.1%|
|Market capitalisation||$7.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Strata-X Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Strata-X Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Strata-X Energy 's shares ever split?
Strata-X Energy 's shares were split on a 1:3 basis on 17 November 2016. So if you had owned 3 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Strata-X Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 200% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Strata-X Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Strata-X Energy 's share price.
Strata-X Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Strata-X Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.036 up to $0.08. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Strata-X Energy 's is 0.8497. This would suggest that Strata-X Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Strata-X Energy overview
Strata-X Energy Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, and develops oil and gas properties in the United States, Africa, and Australia. The company holds a 100% interest in Serowe Coal Seam Gas (CSG) Project that covers an area of approximately 1,129,000 acres located in the Kalahari Basin CSG fairway in the Republic of Botswana. It holds a 100% interest in the Illinois Basin Oil Project that covers an area of approximately 1,400 net acres located in Illinois. The company also holds 50% interest in Venus project that covers an area of approximately 19,000 net acres located in Queensland, Australia, as well as holds interest in the Eagle Project that covers an area of approximately 770 net acres located in California. Strata-X Energy Ltd. was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Queensland.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Strata-X Energy units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert