How to buy Step One (STP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Step One shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Step One is an apparel retail business based in Australia. Step One shares (STP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Step One has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $65.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Step One
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Step One. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: STP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Step One reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Step One. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Step One stock price (ASX:STP)Use our graph to track the performance of STP stocks over time.
Step One shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.205 - $3.13|
|50-day moving average||$0.3902|
|200-day moving average||$1.2635|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.05|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Step One stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Step One price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||13.04%|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-11.86%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-70.11%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-83.12%|
Is Step One under- or over-valued?
Valuing Step One stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Step One's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Step One's EBITDA
Step One's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.3 million (£721,872).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Step One's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Step One financials
|Revenue TTM||$65.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||1.94%|
|Gross profit TTM||$51 million|
|Return on assets TTM||13.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||12.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$48.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Step One share dividends
We're not expecting Step One to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Step One's shares ever split?
Step One's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 31 October 2008. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Step One shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Step One shares which in turn could have impacted Step One's share price.
Step One overview
Step One Clothing Limited operates as a direct-to-consumer pure online retailer for men's underwear in the United Kingdom and Australia. It offers men's underwear products, such as boxer briefs, trunks, and a boxer brief with a fly through its website, www.stepone.life. The company was incorporated in 2017 and is based in Surry Hills, Australia.
Stocks similar to Step One
Step One in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert