How to buy Starpharma Holdings (SPL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Starpharma Holdings shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Starpharma Holdings is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Starpharma Holdings shares (SPL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Starpharma Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Starpharma Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Starpharma Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SPL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Starpharma Holdings reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Starpharma Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Starpharma Holdings stock price (ASX:SPL)Use our graph to track the performance of SPL stocks over time.
Starpharma Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.62 - $1.61|
|50-day moving average||$0.7789|
|200-day moving average||$1.0264|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.044|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Starpharma Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Starpharma Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-16)||8.27%|
|1 month (2022-05-26)||-5.88%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-21.74%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-44.62%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-54.29%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-38.20%|
|3 years (2019-06-26)||-47.64%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-2.70%|
Starpharma Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-13,715,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-15.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-28.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$261.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Starpharma Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Starpharma Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Starpharma Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Starpharma Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.62 up to $1.61. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Starpharma Holdings 's is 1.3967. This would suggest that Starpharma Holdings 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Starpharma Holdings overview
Starpharma Holdings Limited, a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of dendrimer products for pharmaceutical, life-science, and other applications worldwide. The company offers VivaGel, a non-antibiotic therapy for the management and prevention of bacterial vaginosis. It also develops VivaGel condom, an antiviral condom; and VIRALEZE, an antiviral nasal spray. In addition, the company develops DEP, a dendrimer drug delivery technology, including DEP docetaxel that is in Phase II clinical trials, DEP cabazitaxel that is in Phase II clinical trial, and DEP irinotecan that is in phase II clinical trials for the treatment of cancer; oncology programs, such as DEP radiopharmaceuticals, DEP HER-2 ADC, and DEP gemcitabine; DEP non-oncology candidates; and DEP AZD0466, which is in Phase I/II clinical trials to treat haematological tumours. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Abbotsford, Australia.
Stocks similar to Starpharma Holdings
Starpharma Holdings in the news
Starpharma Holdings (ASX:SPL) shareholders have endured a 56% loss from investing in the stock a year ago
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert