How to buy Speedcast International shares | A$0.79
Own Speedcast International shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Speedcast International Limited is a telecom services business based in Australia. Speedcast International shares (SDA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.79 – the same closing value as a week prior. Speedcast International has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $722.3 million.
How to buy shares in Speedcast International
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Speedcast International . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SDA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Speedcast International reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.79, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Speedcast International . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Speedcast International key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Speedcast International stock a buy or sell?
- Speedcast International performance over time
- Speedcast International 's financials
- How volatile are Speedcast International shares?
- Does Speedcast International pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Speedcast International 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Speedcast International 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.79, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.79 and 0.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.79.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Speedcast International shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,000.00.
Speedcast International share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SDA stocks over time.
Speedcast International shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.79|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.695 - AUDA$1.09|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.79|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.79|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.07 (9.11%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.744|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Speedcast International stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Speedcast International price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||0%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-21.39%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-80.40%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-81.19%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-81.28%|
Is Speedcast International under- or over-valued?
Valuing Speedcast International stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Speedcast International 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Speedcast International 's EBITDA
Speedcast International 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $81 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Speedcast International 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Speedcast International financials
|Revenue TTM||$722.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$199.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.46%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1163.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$189.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Speedcast International share dividends
We're not expecting Speedcast International to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Speedcast International share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Speedcast International 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.695 up to $1.09. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Speedcast International 's is 1.0025. This would suggest that Speedcast International 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Speedcast International overview
Speedcast International Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides remote communications and IT services. It operates in two segments, Speedcast Government and Speedcast Non-Government. The company provides managed information services, including cybersecurity, crew welfare, content solutions, data and voice applications, IoT solutions, and network systems integration services. It also offers customer experience management, connectivity, network management, applications and solutions, and professional services. The company has operations in Maritime, Australia, Pacific Islands, Asia, Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and internationally. It serves approximately 3,200 customers in over 140 countries in sectors, such as maritime, energy, mining, enterprise, media, cruise, humanitarian, and government. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Botany, Australia. On April 23, 2020, Speedcast International Limited, along with its affiliates, filed a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert