How to buy Spectrum Metals shares
Own Spectrum Metals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Spectrum Metals Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Spectrum Metals shares (SPX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Spectrum Metals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $477.
How to buy shares in Spectrum Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Spectrum Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SPX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Spectrum Metals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Spectrum Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Spectrum Metals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Spectrum Metals stock a buy or sell?
- Spectrum Metals performance over time
- Spectrum Metals 's financials
- How volatile are Spectrum Metals shares?
- Does Spectrum Metals pay a dividend?
- Have Spectrum Metals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Spectrum Metals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SPX stocks over time.
Spectrum Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.058 - AUDA$0.2|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1779|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1197|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Spectrum Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Spectrum Metals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-43,215|
|Return on assets TTM||-21.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||-36.26%|
|Market capitalisation||$263.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Spectrum Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Spectrum Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Spectrum Metals 's shares ever split?
Spectrum Metals 's shares were split on a 7:5 basis on 12 September 2012. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 7 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Spectrum Metals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 28.6% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Spectrum Metals shares which in turn could have impacted Spectrum Metals 's share price.
Spectrum Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Spectrum Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.058 up to $0.2. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Spectrum Metals 's is -0.6674. This would suggest that Spectrum Metals 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Spectrum Metals has bucked the trend.
Spectrum Metals overview
Spectrum Metals Limited engages in the exploration and extraction of mineral properties in Australia. It holds 100% interests in the First Hit gold project that consists of two mining and two prospecting leases covering an area of 457 ha located to the west of the town of Menzies in Western Australia; and the Penny West gold project comprising two mining leases covering an area of 878 ha situated in the Murchison Province, Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Spectrum Rare Earths Limited and changed its name to Spectrum Metals Limited in September 2018. Spectrum Metals Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is based in Inglewood, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert