How to buy the SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond ETF
- Compare online brokers. To invest in exchange traded funds (ETFs) listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to an ETF broker platform with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for the SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond ETF. Find the ETF by name or ticker symbol: GOVT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond ETF reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Look at today's price and weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you've invested in the SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond ETF. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how the fund performs over time
SPDR S-and-P/ASX Australian Government Bond Fund price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||0.49%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||1.48%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||0.74%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||1.05%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||1.09%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||12.16%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||13.40%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||11.30%|
SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond ETF unit priceUse our graph to track the performance of GOVT stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare ETF brokers
Detailed fund information
The SPDR S&P/ASX Australian Government Bond Fund seeks to closely track, before fees and expenses, the returns of the S&P/ASX Government Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking and lower costs.
Ask an Expert