How to buy Spark Infrastructure Group shares | A$2.16
Own Spark Infrastructure Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Spark Infrastructure Group is an utilities—regulated electric business based in Australia. Spark Infrastructure Group shares (SKI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.16 – an increase of 1.41% over the previous week. Spark Infrastructure Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $269 million.
How to buy shares in Spark Infrastructure Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Spark Infrastructure Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SKI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Spark Infrastructure Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.16, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Spark Infrastructure Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Spark Infrastructure Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Spark Infrastructure Group stock a buy or sell?
- Spark Infrastructure Group performance over time
- Are Spark Infrastructure Group shares over-valued?
- Spark Infrastructure Group's financials
- How volatile are Spark Infrastructure Group shares?
- Does Spark Infrastructure Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Spark Infrastructure Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Spark Infrastructure Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $2.16, which is 0.92% down on its pre-crash value of $2.18 and 28.19% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.685.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Spark Infrastructure Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $821.92 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $986.30.
Spark Infrastructure Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SKI stocks over time.
Spark Infrastructure Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.16|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.685 - AUDA$2.33|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.14|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.1076|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.14 (6.7%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.045|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Spark Infrastructure Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Spark Infrastructure Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||1.41%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||1.89%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-6.09%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||9.64%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||2.86%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-2.70%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-17.56%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||14.97%|
Is Spark Infrastructure Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Spark Infrastructure Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Spark Infrastructure Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Spark Infrastructure Group's P/E ratio
Spark Infrastructure Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 47x. In other words, Spark Infrastructure Group shares trade at around 47x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Spark Infrastructure Group's PEG ratio
Spark Infrastructure Group's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 3.35. A low ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer better value, while a higher ratio can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into Spark Infrastructure Group's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the share prices of multiple high-growth companies.
Spark Infrastructure Group's EBITDA
Spark Infrastructure Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $252 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Spark Infrastructure Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Spark Infrastructure Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$269 million|
|Operating margin TTM||93.6%|
|Gross profit TTM||$280.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.13%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.72%|
|Market capitalisation||$3.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Spark Infrastructure Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 290% of net profits
Recently Spark Infrastructure Group has paid out, on average, around 290% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.7% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Spark Infrastructure Group shareholders could enjoy a 6.7% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Spark Infrastructure Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.14 per share.
Spark Infrastructure Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Spark Infrastructure Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Spark Infrastructure Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.685 up to $2.33. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Spark Infrastructure Group's is 0.2451. This would suggest that Spark Infrastructure Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Spark Infrastructure Group overview
Spark Infrastructure Group is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in the regulated utility infrastructure markets across the globe. It aims for a balanced portfolio. The firm's earnings are supported by growth in underlying assets and through sustainable investments in high value, unregulated opportunities. It invests in growth opportunities in distribution and transmission networks, renewables and adjacent sectors, investing in infrastructure for the future. Spark Infrastructure Group is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert