How to buy Southern Gold (SAU) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Southern Gold shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Southern Gold Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Southern Gold shares (SAU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Southern Gold has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $123,423. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Southern Gold
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Southern Gold . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SAU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Southern Gold reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Southern Gold . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Southern Gold key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Southern Gold stock a buy or sell?
- Southern Gold performance over time
- Are Southern Gold shares over-valued?
- Southern Gold 's financials
- How volatile are Southern Gold shares?
- Does Southern Gold pay a dividend?
- Have Southern Gold shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Southern Gold stock price (ASX:SAU)Use our graph to track the performance of SAU stocks over time.
Southern Gold shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.061 - $0.13|
|50-day moving average||$0.0659|
|200-day moving average||$0.0755|
|Dividend yield||$0.03 (45.45%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.023|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Southern Gold stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Southern Gold price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-18)||-1.52%|
|1 month (2021-10-28)||-12.16%|
|3 months (2021-08-27)||-2.99%|
|6 months (2021-05-28)||-13.33%|
|1 year (2020-11-27)||-33.67%|
|2 years (2019-11-27)||-68.29%|
|3 years (2018-11-27)||-65.79%|
|5 years (2016-11-25)||-76.79%|
Is Southern Gold under- or over-valued?
Valuing Southern Gold stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Southern Gold 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Southern Gold 's P/E ratio
Southern Gold 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 3x. In other words, Southern Gold shares trade at around 3x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Southern Gold financials
|Gross profit TTM||$123,423|
|Return on assets TTM||-23.9%|
|Return on equity TTM||24.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$14.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Southern Gold share dividends
We're not expecting Southern Gold to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Southern Gold 's shares ever split?
Southern Gold 's shares were split on a 1:15 basis on 25 October 2015. So if you had owned 15 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Southern Gold shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Southern Gold shares which in turn could have impacted Southern Gold 's share price.
Southern Gold share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Southern Gold 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.061 up to $0.13. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Southern Gold 's is 0.7356. This would suggest that Southern Gold 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Southern Gold overview
Southern Gold Limited engages in the exploration and production of gold deposits in South Korea. The company also explores for silver and other mineral deposits. It holds 100% interests in the Aphae gold project, Beopseongpo gold-silver project, Deokon gold-silver project, Dokcheon gold project, Geum-Mar gold project, Neungju gold project, and Daeam project located in South Korea. Southern Gold Limited was founded in 2004 and is based in Stepney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Southern Gold
Southern Gold in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Best drawing tablets in Australia
Get started on your own artistic adventure with one of the best drawing tablets you can get your hands on in Australia.
10 Best Black Friday travel deals you don’t want to miss
The biggest sale event of the year is here and we've rounded up the travel deals worth taking a look at.
Zeller EFTPOS terminal
Zeller payment terminals accept a large range of payment types including EFTPOS, debit, credit and contactless transactions and can be counter-top based or used as a portable terminal. See the fees and features here.
Black Friday deal: Save 50% off at Vistaprint
Get creative with your gifts this festive season with Vistaprint's Black Friday 2021 sale - save 50% on personalised calendars and more.
Black Friday Europe flight bargain: Take off from Australia from just $339
Athens, Berlin or London? At these prices, why not all 3?
Best Black Friday smartphone deals 2021: 40% off Pixel phones
If you're looking to snap up a steal of a deal on a new smartphone this Black Friday, here's a list of the best discounts around.
Emma Sleep Black Friday sale: 55% off for one weekend only
Save up to 55% on top quality mattresses in any size from Emma Sleep during Black Friday - but hurry, these deals run out soon.
Princess Polly’s early Black Friday 2021 deals are here
Get your wardrobe party-season ready with these hot Black Friday fashion offers from Princess Polly.
How to watch Western United vs Perth Glory A-League live and match preview
Western United will be keen to atone for their first up defeat when they host the dangerous Perth Glory.
Ask an Expert