How to buy Southern Gold shares
Own Southern Gold shares in just a few minutes.
Southern Gold Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Southern Gold shares (SAU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Southern Gold has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $20.3 million.
How to buy shares in Southern Gold
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Southern Gold . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SAU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Southern Gold reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.11, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Southern Gold . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Southern Gold share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SAU stocks over time.
Southern Gold shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.1 - $0.25|
|50-day moving average||$0.1326|
|200-day moving average||$0.1368|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.176|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Southern Gold stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Southern Gold price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-4.35%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-18.52%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-40.54%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-26.67%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-59.26%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-50.00%|
Southern Gold financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.63%|
|Return on equity TTM||-46.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$20.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Southern Gold share dividends
We're not expecting Southern Gold to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Southern Gold 's shares ever split?
Southern Gold 's shares were split on a 1:15 basis on 26 October 2015. So if you had owned 15 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Southern Gold shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Southern Gold shares which in turn could have impacted Southern Gold 's share price.
Southern Gold share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Southern Gold 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.1 up to $0.25. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Southern Gold 's is 1.1921. This would suggest that Southern Gold 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Southern Gold overview
Southern Gold Limited engages in the exploration and production of gold deposits in South Korea. The company also explores for silver and other mineral deposits. It holds 100% interests in the Beopseongpo gold project, Aphae gold project, Deokon gold-silver project, Weolyu gold-silver project, and Neungju gold project located in South Korea. The company, through a joint venture agreement with Bluebird Merchant Ventures Ltd, holds 50% interests in the Gubong and Kochang projects located in South Korea. Southern Gold Limited was founded in 2004 and is based in Stepney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Southern Gold units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert