We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc (SRNE) is a leading biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. It opened the day at US$7.8035 after a previous close of US$7.89. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD7.515 to a high of USD8.02. The latest price was USD8 (25 minute delay). Sorrento Therapeutics is listed on the NASDAQ. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in Sorrento Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Sorrento Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SRNE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Sorrento Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$10.12, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Sorrento Therapeutics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Sorrento Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Sorrento Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Sorrento Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Sorrento Therapeutics performance over time
- Can I short Sorrento Therapeutics shares?
- Sorrento Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are Sorrento Therapeutics shares?
- Does Sorrento Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Sorrento Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Sorrento Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SRNE stocks over time.
Sorrento Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$2.18 - US$19.39|
|50-day moving average||US$8.8271|
|200-day moving average||US$9.1793|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-2.404|
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
Is it a good time to buy Sorrento Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Sorrento Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 month (2021-03-22)||-18.70%|
Sorrento Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||US$40 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-81,294,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-23.04%|
|Return on equity TTM||-362.46%|
|Market capitalisation||US$2.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Sorrento Therapeutics shares
There are currently 56.0 million Sorrento Therapeutics shares held short by investors – that's known as Sorrento Therapeutics's "short interest". This figure is 0.2% down from 56.1 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Sorrento Therapeutics shares can be evaluated.
Sorrento Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Sorrento Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Sorrento Therapeutics shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Sorrento Therapeutics shares traded daily (recently around 10.4 million). Sorrento Therapeutics's SIR currently stands at 5.38. In other words for every 100,000 Sorrento Therapeutics shares traded daily on the market, roughly 5380 shares are currently held short.
However Sorrento Therapeutics's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Sorrento Therapeutics shares, or, against the total number of tradable Sorrento Therapeutics shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Sorrento Therapeutics's short interest could be expressed as 0.2% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Sorrento Therapeutics shares in existence, roughly 200 shares are currently held short) or 0.2026% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Sorrento Therapeutics shares, roughly 203 shares are currently held short).
A SIR below 10% would generally be considered to indicate a fairly optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Sorrento Therapeutics.
Find out more about how you can short Sorrento Therapeutics stock.
Sorrento Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Sorrento Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Sorrento Therapeutics's shares ever split?
Sorrento Therapeutics's shares were split on a 1:25 basis on 31 July 2013. So if you had owned 25 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Sorrento Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Sorrento Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Sorrento Therapeutics's share price.
Sorrento Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Sorrento Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$2.18 up to US$19.39. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Sorrento Therapeutics's is 2.4054. This would suggest that Sorrento Therapeutics's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Sorrento Therapeutics overview
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical stage and commercial biopharmaceutical company, develops therapies for cancer, autoimmune, inflammatory, viral, and neurodegenerative diseases. It operates through two segments, Sorrento Therapeutics and Scilex. The company provides cancer therapeutics by leveraging its proprietary G-MAB antibody library and targeted delivery modalities, which include chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy (CAR-T), dimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy, and antibody drug conjugates, as well as bispecific antibody approaches; and Sofusa, a drug delivery technology that delivers biologics directly into the lymphatic system. Its clinical programs in development include anti-CD38 CAR-T therapy for the treatment of multiple myeloma, as well as for amyloidosis and graft versus host diseases. The company also develops resiniferatoxin, a non-opioid-based TRPV1 agonist neurotoxin for late stage cancer and osteoarthritis knee pain treatment; and ZTlido, a lidocaine delivery system for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. In addition, it engages in the development of SEMDEXA, an injectable viscous gel formulation, which is Phase III trial for the treatment of sciatica, a pathology of low back pain; and SP-103, an investigational non-aqueous lidocaine topical system undergoing clinical development in chronic low back pain conditions. Additionally, the company has various collaborations with SmartPharm Therapeutics Inc. to develop gene-encoded antibody vaccine to protect against COVID-19; Celularity, Inc. for initiating Phase I/II clinical study, including up to 86 patients with COVID-19; and Mount Sinai Health System to develop COVI-SHIELD, an antibody therapy targeting SARS-CoV-2 infection. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is based in San Diego, California.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Althea Group shares | A$N/A
Steps to owning and managing Althea Group shares.
How to buy AusCann Group shares
Steps to owning and managing AusCann Group shares.
How to buy Eastman Kodak Company shares
Steps to owning and managing Kodak shares from Australia.
How to buy Kandi Technologies Group shares
Steps to owning and managing Kandi Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Taoping shares
Steps to owning and managing Taoping shares from Australia.
How to buy American Airlines Group shares
Steps to owning and managing American Airlines shares from Australia.
How to buy MGM Resorts International shares
Steps to owning and managing MGM Resorts shares.
How to buy Precipio shares
Steps to owning and managing Precipio shares.
How to buy ADT shares
Steps to owning and managing ADT shares from Australia.
How to buy Rocket Companies shares
Steps to owning and managing Rocket Companies shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert