How to buy SomnoMed (SOM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in SomnoMed shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SomnoMed is a medical devices business based in Australia. SomnoMed shares (SOM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. SomnoMed has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $65.8 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in SomnoMed
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for SomnoMed . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SOM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SomnoMed reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of SomnoMed . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
SomnoMed stock price (ASX:SOM)Use our graph to track the performance of SOM stocks over time.
SomnoMed shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.14 - $2.65|
|50-day moving average||$1.5345|
|200-day moving average||$1.9943|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.059|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy SomnoMed stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
SomnoMed price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-24)||6.14%|
|1 month (2022-06-02)||-16.26%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-37.63%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-48.51%|
|1 year (2021-07-02)||-50.00%|
|2 years (2020-07-02)||-3.59%|
|3 years (2019-07-02)||-21.17%|
|5 years (2017-06-29)||-60.44%|
|Revenue TTM||$65.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$37.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.66%|
|Return on equity TTM||-14.8%|
|Market capitalisation||$103.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
SomnoMed share dividends
We're not expecting SomnoMed to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have SomnoMed 's shares ever split?
SomnoMed 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 26 November 2009. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your SomnoMed shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for SomnoMed shares which in turn could have impacted SomnoMed 's share price.
SomnoMed share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, SomnoMed 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.14 up to $2.65. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while SomnoMed 's is 1.4396. This would suggest that SomnoMed 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
SomnoMed Limited, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells devices for the oral treatment of sleep related disorders in Europe, North America, and the Asia Pacific region. Its products include SomnoDent, an oral appliance for obstructive sleep apnea; and SomnoBrux, a mouthguard for the treatment of teeth grinding damage, as well as SomTabs for cleaning its devices. The company was incorporated in 1987 and is based in Crows Nest, Australia.
Stocks similar to SomnoMed
SomnoMed in the news
Does SomnoMed (ASX:SOM) Have A Healthy Balance Sheet?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nordic Nickel (NNL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nordic Nickel shares.
How to buy Dusk (DSK) shares
Steps to owning and managing Dusk shares.
How to invest in the Octava Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Octava Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
Ask an Expert