Where to buy ski and snow gear online in Australia
We’ve got discounts and deals from all of the best brands to find great offers for ski gear online.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're looking to hit the slopes, investing in proper snow gear is an absolute must. From thermal underlayers and beanies to ski jackets and boots, the right pieces will keep you warm and protected from the elements.
As it can be difficult to find ski-appropriate clothing and accessories here in Australia, we've rounded up a list of stores with plenty of gear in stock. Scroll on to see the retailers with a great range of cold weather friendly pieces on offer.
Where to buy snow gear online
Offering great value gear for the whole family, Mountain Warehouse is worth a look in before your next big ski trip. The store has all the clothing and footwear your family needs to stay warm, including adorable snowsuits for the littlest members.
- Free shipping on orders over $140
- Returns accepted within 60 days (conditions apply)
- Kids sizes available
Though rebel doesn't stock a huge range of ski gear, you can find a select range of ski gloves, pants and boots here. You can also shop plenty of winter accessories including beanies, neck warmers and cosy thermal socks.
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- Afterpay available
- Frequent sales
Whether you're after apparel or ski equipment, Amazon has loads of options available from local and international sellers, giving you plenty of designs to choose from.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with Amazon Prime
- Easily compare prices on similar products
- Huge product range
Whether you're skiing or snowboarding, sportswear store Decathlon has a great range of products to get you snow-ready. Along with all the usual apparel and footwear, the store also stocks ski cameras, watches, headbands and hand warmers, helping you to make the most of your winter adventures.
- Free shipping on orders over $90
- Returns accepted for 1 year (conditions apply)
- Free click and collect
With millions of new and secondhand items available, you're guaranteed to find everything you're looking for on eBay. The site also makes it easy to compare prices from various sellers so that you can snap up the best deal.
- Free shipping on millions of eligible items with eBay Plus
- Huge range of products on offer
- New products added daily
A leader in outdoor wear, Kathmandu has tons of ski and snow gear available for the whole family. The site stocks everything from clothing and footwear to goggles, helmets and ski bags, making it easy to shop everything you need in the one spot.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Returns accepted within 60 days
- Certified B Corporation
From heavily insulated wear to designated snow gear, The North Face is worth a look in for those who really feel the cold. While its pieces are quite pricey, they're high in quality and are guaranteed to last for years to come.
- Free shipping on all orders
- Free returns within 60 days
- Afterpay available
Adventure and sporting retailer Anaconda is a great place to check out for serious ski wear. Whether you're looking for gloves, neck warmers, snow boots or other essential apparel items, you're guaranteed to find it here.
- Returns accepted within 28 days (conditions apply)
- Afterpay and Zip available
- Membership rewards
Surf Dive & Ski
Stocking a great range of ski gear from popular labels like Billabong, Surf Dive & Ski will have you kitted out without compromising on style in no time flat.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Afterpay available
- Returns accepted within 21 days (conditions apply)
Offering ski gear for men, women and children, Sports Direct has everything you need to hit the slopes. Whether you're after heavy duty gloves, professional ski boots or insulated jackets, you'll find something to suit here.
- Express delivery available
- Returns accepted within 14 days (conditions apply)
Does your business belong on this list?
Which of these retailers offer free delivery on snow gear?
- Mountain Warehouse: Free on orders over $140
- rebel Sport: Free on orders over $150
- Amazon: Free on eligible items with Amazon Prime membership
- Decathlon: Free on orders over $90
- eBay: Free on eligible items with eBay Plus membership
- Kathmandu: Free on orders over $50
- The North Face: Free on all orders
- Surf Dive & Ski: Free on orders over $50
How can you get cheap snow gear?
- Borrow from your friends. If you have any skiing pros and snow bunnies cleverly disguised as friends and family, see if they have any ski gear they'd be willing to lend you. Chances are, they'll update their ski equipment every few years, so you never know what old stuff they're willing to lend out.
- Rent your snow gear. As well as hiring out skis, snowboards, boots and bindings, many places also rent out ski jackets, pants, helmets, gloves – the lot. They know this stuff isn't cheap, and they want you to get out onto the slopes and have a good time, without forking out over a grand for a whole new kit.
- Buy ex-rental snow gear. Those jackets and pants you can hire out that we just mentioned? You can buy them outright. They might have been worn by a few people before you, but they come at a fraction of the cost – and they're all yours. Test them out for that first week at the snow, and then decide if you like skiing / snowboarding enough to go all out and buy brand new gear the following season.
- Buy your gear at the end of the ski season. This is when most retailers are trying to shift the last of that season's gear, and will do this by discounting it. Heavily. If you can wait till the end of the season to buy, you'll be able to pick up a few bargains for the following season. In Australia, this typically happens around September / October.
- Compare prices online. Never buy anything in-store at first glance. You should always do some research online before making any purchases. Some websites will price match their competitors, while others have promo codes and discounts available online.
- Promo codes and discounts. This should become a rule for every shopper living in the internet age: don't buy anything until you've hunted around for a discount. It's one of the easiest ways to save money out there – short of following around anyone giving out free food.
Looking to shop for ski gear online? See the latest deals before you buy
Popular Amazon coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|28 Dec 2020||$20 off your first beauty products purchase||BEA****|
|6 Apr 2021||Up to 50% off: Autumn Sale||********|
|29 Dec 2020||Up to 70% off sale||********|
|8 Dec 2020||30% off branded gear||********|
|7 Apr 2021||Up to 25% off select textbooks with FREE standard delivery||********|
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
70+ top shackets for 2021 and how to style them
The latest layering trend is here and we’ve got the lowdown on where to shop it in Australia.
Best wine clubs and subscription services in Australia
We’ve done the hard work to find the best wine clubs and subscription services for Australian wine drinkers.
Best bassinets in Australia
These are the 8 best bassinets you can buy right now in Australia.
Best NAS devices in Australia
Upgrade your home storage with one of the best NAS devices available on store shelves here in Australia.
Best nappy bags in Australia
These are the 9 best nappy bags you can buy right now in Australia.
Best booster seats in Australia
These are the 6 best booster seats you can buy right now in Australia.
Best raincoats and rain jackets in Australia
We’ve found the nine best raincoats and rain jackets you can buy in Australia right now.
Xbox Series S: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X. Here's a list of stores where you can buy the console for the best price.
Best pop-up tents in Australia
If you’re searching for a pop-up tent, we can help you find the perfect option for your needs.
Ask an Expert