Where to buy ski and snow gear online in Australia 2023
We’ve got discounts and deals from all of the best brands to find great offers for ski gear online.
If you're looking to hit the slopes, investing in proper snow gear is an absolute must. From thermal underlayers and beanies to ski jackets and boots, the right pieces will keep you warm and protected from the elements.
As it can be difficult to find ski-appropriate clothing and accessories here in Australia, we've rounded up a list of stores with plenty of gear in stock. Scroll on to see the retailers with a great range of cold weather-friendly pieces on offer.Edit product set
Edit product set
Offering great value gear for the whole family, Mountain Warehouse is worth a look in before your next big ski trip. The store has all the clothing and footwear your family needs to stay warm, including adorable snowsuits for the littlest members.
- Free shipping on orders over $140
- Returns accepted within 60 days (conditions apply)
- Kids sizes available
Though rebel doesn't stock a huge range of ski gear, you can find a select range of ski gloves, pants and boots here. You can also shop plenty of winter accessories including beanies, neck warmers and cosy thermal socks.
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- Afterpay available
- Frequent sales
Whether you're after apparel or ski equipment, Amazon has loads of options available from local and international sellers, giving you plenty of designs to choose from.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with Amazon Prime
- Easily compare prices on similar products
- Huge product range
Whether you're skiing or snowboarding, sportswear store Decathlon has a great range of products to get you snow-ready. Along with all the usual apparel and footwear, the store also stocks ski cameras, watches, headbands and hand warmers, helping you to make the most of your winter adventures.
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- 60-day returns
- Free Click & Collect
With millions of new and secondhand items available, you're guaranteed to find everything you're looking for on eBay. The site also makes it easy to compare prices from various sellers so that you can snap up the best deal.
- Free shipping on millions of eligible items with eBay Plus
- Huge range of products on offer
- New products added daily
A leader in outdoor wear, Kathmandu has tons of ski and snow gear available for the whole family. The site stocks everything from clothing and footwear to goggles, helmets and ski bags, making it easy to shop everything you need in a single spot.
- Free shipping on orders over $100
- Returns accepted within 90 days
- Certified B Corporation
From heavily insulated wear to designated snow gear, The North Face is worth a look in for those who really feel the cold. While its pieces are quite pricey, they're high in quality and are guaranteed to last for years to come.
- Free shipping on all orders
- Free returns within 60 days
- Afterpay available
Kogan sells virtually everything at heavily marked down prices, including ski and snow gear. Choose from a range of ski and snowboarding equipment and accessories online here.
- Free shipping for Kogan First members or on marked items
- Afterpay, Zip and Kogan Money available
- Dispatch within 1–2 business days on marked items
AliExpress is ideal for anyone looking for snow sports essentials. Whether you're looking for some new skis, goggles or gloves, you'll be able to compare product spec and prices side by side to secure the best option here.
- Free shipping available on select products
- Flash deals are always on offer here
- First-purchase coupons available
This UK-based fashion house offers plenty of innovative skincare products created by globally popular brands. ASOS is fabulous for fashion, but it also offers a great range of snow-savvy labels for you to explore too.
- Afterpay and Klarna accepted
- Free delivery with orders over $80
- Enjoy a risk-free shopping spree with free returns
This online destination offers a fabulous catalogue of handmade and vintage products, but it also stocks a wide range of snow and ski equipment and accessories too. Check out the options on offer at Etsy and see if you can source a bargain buy on your next shopping spree.
- Free delivery on some items
- Products from local and international sellers available
- Access a massive catalogue of vintage and handmade products
Does your business belong on this list?
Edit product set
Which retailers offer free delivery?
- Mountain Warehouse: Free shipping on orders over $140
- rebel: Free shipping on orders over $150
- Amazon: Free delivery on eligible orders with a Prime membership
- Decathlon: Free shipping on orders over $150
- eBay: Free shipping from millions of sellers
- Kathmandu: Free shipping on orders over $100
- The North Face: Free shipping on all orders
- Kogan: Free shipping for Kogan First members and on marked items
- AliExpress: Free and low-cost shipping widely available
- ASOS: Free shipping on orders over $120
- THE ICONIC: Free shipping on orders over $75
- Cotton On: Free shipping on orders over $70
- Etsy: Free delivery on eligible items
How can you get cheap snow gear?
- Borrow from your friends. If you have any skiing pros and snow bunnies cleverly disguised as friends and family, see if they have any ski gear they'd be willing to lend you. Chances are, they'll update their ski equipment every few years, so you never know what old stuff they're willing to lend out.
- Rent your snow gear. As well as hiring out skis, snowboards, boots and bindings, many places also rent out ski jackets, pants, helmets, gloves – the lot. They know this stuff isn't cheap, and they want you to get out onto the slopes and have a good time, without forking out over a grand for a whole new kit.
- Buy ex-rental snow gear. Those jackets and pants you can hire out that we just mentioned? You can buy them outright. They might have been worn by a few people before you, but they come at a fraction of the cost – and they're all yours. Test them out for that first week at the snow, and then decide if you like skiing/snowboarding enough to go all out and buy brand new gear the following season.
- Buy your gear at the end of the ski season. This is when most retailers are trying to shift the last of that season's gear, and will do this by discounting it. Heavily. If you can wait till the end of the season to buy, you'll be able to pick up a few bargains for the following season. In Australia, this typically happens around September/October.
- Compare prices online. Never buy anything in-store at first glance. You should always do some research online before making any purchases. Some websites will price match their competitors, while others have promo codes and discounts available online.
- Promo codes and discounts. This should become a rule for every shopper living in the Internet age: don't buy anything until you've hunted around for a discount. It's one of the easiest ways to save money out there – short of following around anyone giving out free food.
Got the gear and ready to hit the slopes? Read our travel guides:
- Falls Creek
- Mount Buller
- Mount Hotham
Looking to shop for activewear online? See the latest deals before you buy:
More guides on Finder
Best gaming chairs in Australia
We’ve found the best gaming chairs available online for every budget and need.
Australian bushfire crisis: How Afterpay is helping
The payment service has pledged to donate a minimum of $200,000 to the Australian Red Cross in support of impacted communities.
30+ Australian stores and brands donating profits to the bushfire appeal
Here are some of the retailers offering profits and proceeds to those affected by the fires if you're planning on doing any shopping.
Podcast: The real cost of fast fashion
On this episode of Pocket Money, we investigate the impacts that the fashion industry has on people and the planet, and how to slow it down.
Trenery discount codes and coupons December 2023
Trenery is a fashion label for men and women offering clean, classic cuts and quality craftsmanship with free standard delivery for orders of $100 and more.
Young males love shopping, prefer going in-store
See what the data says and other remarkable trends in the AMP Report. Right now there are plenty of opportunities, and bargains, to go around.
Our top sites offering Afterpay plus the full list of shops for 2023
Did you know that you can now buy now and pay later with these 50 stores?
Australia Post prices are going up again (yes, really)
Your Christmas shopping just got a little more expensive.
Australian GST change: How to still save with online shopping
Australian online shoppers will soon pay an extra 10% on goods purchased from overseas.
The 60+ best online shopping sites in Australia December 2023
Whether you're after fashion, beauty, tech or homewares, we've got a list of great online stores that you need to know about.
Ask an Expert