How to buy Smartgroup Corporation shares | A$5.6
Own Smartgroup Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Smartgroup Corporation Ltd is a specialty business services business based in Australia. Smartgroup Corporation shares (SIQ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $5.6 – a decrease of 6.51% over the previous week. Smartgroup Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $235.4 million.
How to buy shares in Smartgroup Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Smartgroup Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SIQ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Smartgroup Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.6, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Smartgroup Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Smartgroup Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Smartgroup Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Smartgroup Corporation performance over time
- Are Smartgroup Corporation shares over-valued?
- Smartgroup Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Smartgroup Corporation shares?
- Does Smartgroup Corporation pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Smartgroup Corporation 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Smartgroup Corporation 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $5.6, which is 23.71% down on its pre-crash value of $7.34 and 42.86% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $3.92.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Smartgroup Corporation shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $628.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $843.36.
Smartgroup Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SIQ stocks over time.
Smartgroup Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$5.6|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.92 - AUDA$11.54|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.7961|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$5.8669|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.34 (5.94%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.372|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Smartgroup Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Smartgroup Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-14)||-6.51%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-3.61%|
|3 months (2020-07-21)||-9.53%|
|6 months (2020-04-21)||11.55%|
|1 year (2019-10-21)||-50.27%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-49.41%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-43.55%|
|5 years (2015-10-21)||65.68%|
Is Smartgroup Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Smartgroup Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Smartgroup Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Smartgroup Corporation 's P/E ratio
Smartgroup Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, Smartgroup Corporation shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Smartgroup Corporation 's EBITDA
Smartgroup Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $92 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Smartgroup Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Smartgroup Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$235.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||34.7%|
|Gross profit TTM||$152.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||10.79%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.71%|
|Market capitalisation||$743.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Smartgroup Corporation share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 104.05% of net profits
Recently Smartgroup Corporation has paid out, on average, around 104.05% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.94% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Smartgroup Corporation shareholders could enjoy a 5.94% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Smartgroup Corporation 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.34 per share.
Smartgroup Corporation 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 31 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Smartgroup Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Smartgroup Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.92 up to $11.54. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Smartgroup Corporation 's is 0.9397. This would suggest that Smartgroup Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Smartgroup Corporation overview
Smartgroup Corporation Ltd provides specialist employee management services in Australia and internationally. It operates through Outsourced Administration (OA); Vehicle Services (VS); and Software, Distribution, and Group Services (SDGS) segments. The OA segment offers outsourced salary packaging services, novated leasing, share plan administration, and outsourced payroll services. The VS segment provides end-to-end fleet management services. The SDGS segment engages in the provision of salary packaging software solutions; the marketing of salary packaging debit cards; and the distribution of vehicle insurances and workforce management software to the healthcare industry. The company serves community and charity workers in not-for-profit sectors; teachers, administrators, and support personnel in the education industry; nurses, clinicians, and auxiliary staff in the health industry; the employees of the government sector; and professionals in private and corporate organizations. Smartgroup Corporation Ltd was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert