How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares
Own SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SkyCity Entertainment Group Limited is a resorts & casinos business based in Australia. SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares (SKC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. SKYCITY Entertainment Group has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $2.2 billion.
How to buy shares in SKYCITY Entertainment Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for SKYCITY Entertainment Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SKC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SKYCITY Entertainment Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.81, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of SKYCITY Entertainment Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- SKYCITY Entertainment Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is SKYCITY Entertainment Group stock a buy or sell?
- SKYCITY Entertainment Group performance over time
- Are SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares over-valued?
- SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's financials
- How volatile are SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares?
- Does SKYCITY Entertainment Group pay a dividend?
- Have SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
SKYCITY Entertainment Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SKC stocks over time.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.095 - $3.8371|
|50-day moving average||$2.9842|
|200-day moving average||$2.6791|
|Dividend yield||$0.19 (6.83%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.174|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-1.40%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-6.33%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||16.12%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-27.76%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-18.79%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-23.22%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-32.56%|
Is SKYCITY Entertainment Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing SKYCITY Entertainment Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's P/E ratio
SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, SKYCITY Entertainment Group shares trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group financials
|Gross profit TTM||$305.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.5%|
|Return on equity TTM||18.16%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
SKYCITY Entertainment Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 57.29% of net profits
Recently SKYCITY Entertainment Group has paid out, on average, around 57.29% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.83% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), SKYCITY Entertainment Group shareholders could enjoy a 6.83% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.19 per share.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 27 February 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's shares ever split?
SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's shares were split on 6 March 2008.
SKYCITY Entertainment Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.095 up to $3.8371. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's is 1.215. This would suggest that SKYCITY Entertainment Group 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
SKYCITY Entertainment Group overview
SkyCity Entertainment Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, operates in the gaming, entertainment, hotel, convention, hospitality, and tourism sectors in New Zealand and Australia. It operates through Skycity Auckland, Other New Zealand Operations, SkyCity Adelaide, and International Business segments. The company engages in the hotels and convention, food and beverage, car parking, sky tower, property investment, and other related activities. It also operates casinos in Auckland, Hamilton, Queenstown, and Wharf, New Zealand; and Adelaide, Australia, as well as various restaurants, bars, and conference facilities. As of June 30, 2020, the company operated 273 table games, 3,204 electronic gaming machines, 307 automated table games, 19 restaurants, 14 bars, and 635 hotel rooms. The company was incorporated in 1994 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy SKYCITY Entertainment Group units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert