How to buy SKY Network Television (SKT) shares
Learn how to easily invest in SKY Network Television shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SKY Network Television is an entertainment business based in Australia. SKY Network Television shares (SKT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollar. SKY Network Television has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $711.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in SKY Network Television
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for SKY Network Television . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SKT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SKY Network Television reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of SKY Network Television . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- SKY Network Television key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is SKY Network Television stock a buy or sell?
- SKY Network Television performance over time
- Are SKY Network Television shares over-valued?
- SKY Network Television 's financials
- How volatile are SKY Network Television shares?
- Does SKY Network Television pay a dividend?
- Have SKY Network Television shares ever split?
- Other common questions
SKY Network Television stock price (ASX:SKT)Use our graph to track the performance of SKT stocks over time.
SKY Network Television shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.45 - $2.6|
|50-day moving average||$2.1588|
|200-day moving average||$1.8039|
|Dividend yield||$0.103 (4.58%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.253|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy SKY Network Television stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
SKY Network Television price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-19)||-2.22%|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||-13.04%|
|3 months (2021-10-27)||22.91%|
|6 months (2021-07-27)||41.94%|
|1 year (2021-01-27)||41.94%|
|2 years (2020-01-24)||-93.87%|
|3 years (2019-01-25)||-97.59%|
|5 years (2017-01-25)||-99.04%|
Is SKY Network Television under- or over-valued?
Valuing SKY Network Television stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of SKY Network Television 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
SKY Network Television 's P/E ratio
SKY Network Television 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, SKY Network Television shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
SKY Network Television 's EBITDA
SKY Network Television 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $115.3 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a SKY Network Television 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
SKY Network Television financials
|Revenue TTM||$711.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||10.82%|
|Gross profit TTM||$228.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.91%|
|Market capitalisation||$407.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
SKY Network Television share dividends
We're not expecting SKY Network Television to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have SKY Network Television 's shares ever split?
SKY Network Television 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 14 September 2021. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your SKY Network Television shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for SKY Network Television shares which in turn could have impacted SKY Network Television 's share price.
SKY Network Television share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, SKY Network Television 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.45 up to $2.6. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while SKY Network Television 's is 1.2293. This would suggest that SKY Network Television 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
SKY Network Television overview
SKY Network Television Limited, an entertainment company, provides sports and entertainment media services and telecommunications services in New Zealand and internationally. The company provides commercial music, broadcasting services, entertainment quizzes, and streaming and management services, as well as data analytics services for sports. It offers sport, movies, shows, documentaries, music, news, and kid's content. SKY Network Television Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
SKY Network Television in the news
Do Its Financials Have Any Role To Play In Driving SKY Network Television Limited's (NZSE:SKT) Stock Up Recently?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
N95 vs KN95 face masks: What’s the difference?
Which one protects you best, and where can you buy them online?
9 tips for founders I learned from launching a startup in a pandemic
Here’s what Ryan Edwards-Pritchard learned so far about building a startup in the grips of a pandemic.
Ask an Expert