How to buy Silver Mines shares
Own Silver Mines shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Silver Mines Limited is a silver business based in Australia. Silver Mines shares (SVL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Silver Mines has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $115,946..
How to buy shares in Silver Mines
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Silver Mines . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SVL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Silver Mines reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.215, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Silver Mines . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Silver Mines 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Silver Mines 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.215, which is 48.84% up on its pre-crash value of $0.11 and 313.46% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.052.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Silver Mines shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $619.05 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,047.62.
Silver Mines share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SVL stocks over time.
Silver Mines shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.052 - $0.295|
|50-day moving average||$0.2154|
|200-day moving average||$0.1557|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Silver Mines stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Silver Mines price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-6.52%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-4.44%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||4.88%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||79.17%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||104.76%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||246.77%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||150.29%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||120.29%|
Silver Mines financials
|Gross profit TTM||$85,545|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$210.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Silver Mines share dividends
We're not expecting Silver Mines to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Silver Mines 's shares ever split?
Silver Mines 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 9 June 2016. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Silver Mines shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Silver Mines shares which in turn could have impacted Silver Mines 's share price.
Silver Mines share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Silver Mines 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.052 up to $0.295. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Silver Mines 's is 0.2617. This would suggest that Silver Mines 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Silver Mines overview
Silver Mines Limited primarily engages in the exploration of silver deposits in Australia. It operates through two segments, Mining and Exploration Operations, and Agricultural Operations. The company also explores for polymetallic, copper, gold, lead, zinc, and tin deposits. Its principal property is the Bowdens silver project covering an area of 2,007 square kilometers located in the Central Tablelands Region, New South Wales. The company is also involved in agricultural activities. Silver Mines Limited was incorporated in 2004 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Silver Mines units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert