We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Silver Lake Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Silver Lake Resources shares (SLR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Silver Lake Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $563.4 million..
How to buy shares in Silver Lake Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Silver Lake Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SLR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Silver Lake Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.28, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Silver Lake Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Silver Lake Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Silver Lake Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Silver Lake Resources performance over time
- Are Silver Lake Resources shares over-valued?
- Silver Lake Resources's financials
- How volatile are Silver Lake Resources shares?
- Does Silver Lake Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Silver Lake Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SLR stocks over time.
Silver Lake Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.045 - $2.75|
|50-day moving average||$1.8165|
|200-day moving average||$2.1622|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.308|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Silver Lake Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Silver Lake Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||35.71%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||29.55%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||3.17%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-11.63%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||49.51%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||334.29%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||477.22%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||936.36%|
Is Silver Lake Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Silver Lake Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Silver Lake Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Silver Lake Resources's P/E ratio
Silver Lake Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, Silver Lake Resources shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Silver Lake Resources's EBITDA
Silver Lake Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $246.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Silver Lake Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Silver Lake Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$563.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||24.36%|
|Gross profit TTM||$164.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||11.13%|
|Return on equity TTM||40.46%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.5 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Silver Lake Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Silver Lake Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Silver Lake Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Silver Lake Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.045 up to $2.75. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Silver Lake Resources's is 0.2457. This would suggest that Silver Lake Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Silver Lake Resources overview
Silver Lake Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and production of gold and copper deposits in Australia. The company holds interests in six mines and two processing facilities across its Deflector operations located in the Southern Murchison region of Western Australia; and Mount Monger operations situated within the Kalgoorlie terrane subdivision of the Eastern Goldfields province. Silver Lake Resources Limited is headquartered in South Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Silver Lake Resources units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert