How to buy Sigma Healthcare shares
Own Sigma Healthcare shares in just a few minutes.
Sigma Healthcare Limited is a medical distribution business based in Australia. Sigma Healthcare shares (SIG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Sigma Healthcare has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3 billion.
How to buy shares in Sigma Healthcare
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Sigma Healthcare. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SIG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Sigma Healthcare reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Sigma Healthcare. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Sigma Healthcare key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Sigma Healthcare stock a buy or sell?
- Sigma Healthcare performance over time
- Are Sigma Healthcare shares over-valued?
- Sigma Healthcare's financials
- How volatile are Sigma Healthcare shares?
- Does Sigma Healthcare pay a dividend?
- Have Sigma Healthcare shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Sigma Healthcare share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SIG stocks over time.
Sigma Healthcare shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.45 - AUDA$0.75|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.6536|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.6266|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (4.96%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.028|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Sigma Healthcare stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Sigma Healthcare under- or over-valued?
Valuing Sigma Healthcare stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Sigma Healthcare's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Sigma Healthcare's P/E ratio
Sigma Healthcare's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 23x. In other words, Sigma Healthcare shares trade at around 23x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Sigma Healthcare's EBITDA
Sigma Healthcare's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $10.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Sigma Healthcare's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Sigma Healthcare financials
|Revenue TTM||$3 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||$215 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.18%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$603.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Sigma Healthcare share dividends
We're not expecting Sigma Healthcare to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Sigma Healthcare's shares ever split?
Sigma Healthcare's shares were split on 9 September 2009.
Sigma Healthcare share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Sigma Healthcare's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.45 up to $0.75. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Sigma Healthcare's is 0.1108. This would suggest that Sigma Healthcare's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Sigma Healthcare overview
Sigma Healthcare Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the wholesale and distribution of pharmaceutical products primarily in Australia. It operates approximately 1,200 branded and independent stores under the Amcal+, Chemist King, Discount Drug Stores, Guardian, and PharmaSave brands. The company also offers private label products, such as skincare, pain relief, vitamins, baby products, and non-contact thermometers under the Pharmacy Care brand; cosmetics under the Colour Theory brand; beauty essentials and hair accessories under the Beauty Theory brand; skincare products under the and Boots Laboratories brand. In addition, it provides hospital pharmacy services, including data and programs supporting specialty medication services; dose administration aid and related services to the residential aged care and community pharmacy sectors; technology solutions and data analytics; and product development and support services for a range of private and exclusive label products, as well as supplies medical consumables and devices to aged care, hospitals, and clinics. The company was formerly known as Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited and changed its name to Sigma Healthcare Limited in May 2017. Sigma Healthcare Limited was founded in 1912 and is headquartered in Rowville, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert