How to buy Shaver Shop Group shares
Own Shaver Shop Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Shaver Shop Group Limited is a specialty retail business based in Australia. Shaver Shop Group shares (SSG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Shaver Shop Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $194.9 million..
How to buy shares in Shaver Shop Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Shaver Shop Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SSG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Shaver Shop Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.13, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Shaver Shop Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Shaver Shop Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Shaver Shop Group stock a buy or sell?
- Shaver Shop Group performance over time
- Are Shaver Shop Group shares over-valued?
- Shaver Shop Group 's financials
- How volatile are Shaver Shop Group shares?
- Does Shaver Shop Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Shaver Shop Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SSG stocks over time.
Shaver Shop Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.225 - $1.165|
|50-day moving average||$0.8996|
|200-day moving average||$0.693|
|Dividend yield||$0.05 (4.91%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.084|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Shaver Shop Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Shaver Shop Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-4.24%|
|1 month (2020-12-21)||10.78%|
|3 months (2020-10-21)||2.73%|
|6 months (2020-07-21)||66.18%|
|1 year (2020-01-21)||68.66%|
|2 years (2019-01-21)||232.35%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||130.61%|
|5 years (2016-01-17)||N/A|
Is Shaver Shop Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Shaver Shop Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Shaver Shop Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Shaver Shop Group 's P/E ratio
Shaver Shop Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 13x. In other words, Shaver Shop Group shares trade at around 13x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Shaver Shop Group 's EBITDA
Shaver Shop Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $19.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Shaver Shop Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Shaver Shop Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$194.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$83 million|
|Return on assets TTM||10%|
|Return on equity TTM||17.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$133.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shaver Shop Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 86.25% of net profits
Recently Shaver Shop Group has paid out, on average, around 86.25% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.91% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Shaver Shop Group shareholders could enjoy a 4.91% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Shaver Shop Group 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.05 per share.
Shaver Shop Group 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 9 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Shaver Shop Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Shaver Shop Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.225 up to $1.165. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Shaver Shop Group 's is 1.6232. This would suggest that Shaver Shop Group 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Shaver Shop Group overview
Shaver Shop Group Limited engages in the retail of specialist personal grooming products in Australia and New Zealand. The company offers electric shavers, beard trimmers, hair clippers, body groomers, manual shavers, oral care, massage, and fragrance products for men; and hair removal, hair styling, beauty, oral care, massage, and fragrance products for women. As of June 30, 2020, it operated 117 corporate stores and 6 franchised stores. It also offers its products online through its Websites. The company was formerly known as Lavomer Riah Holdings Pty Ltd and changed its name to Shaver Shop Group Limited in May 2016. Shaver Shop Group Limited was founded in 1986 and is based in Chadstone, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$51.74
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$52.98
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$103.81
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$23.91
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$88.92
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$16.55
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$75.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$51.3
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Shaver Shop Group units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert