How to buy Seven West Media shares | A$0.165
Own Seven West Media shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Seven West Media Limited is an entertainment business based in Australia. Seven West Media shares (SWM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.165 – an increase of 3.13% over the previous week. Seven West Media has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.2 billion.
How to buy shares in Seven West Media
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Seven West Media . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SWM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Seven West Media reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.165, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Seven West Media . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Seven West Media key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Seven West Media stock a buy or sell?
- Seven West Media performance over time
- Seven West Media 's financials
- How volatile are Seven West Media shares?
- Does Seven West Media pay a dividend?
- Have Seven West Media shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Seven West Media 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Seven West Media 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.165, which is 13.16% down on its pre-crash value of $0.19 and 153.85% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.065.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Seven West Media shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $269.39 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $673.47.
Seven West Media share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SWM stocks over time.
Seven West Media shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.165|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.06 - AUDA$0.48|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1167|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1026|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.295|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Seven West Media stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Seven West Media price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-10)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||43.48%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||79.35%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||70.10%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-57.14%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-81.87%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-74.22%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-77.55%|
Is Seven West Media under- or over-valued?
Valuing Seven West Media stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Seven West Media 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Seven West Media 's EBITDA
Seven West Media 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $116.5 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Seven West Media 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Seven West Media financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.2 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||$270.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.7%|
|Return on equity TTM||-182.01%|
|Market capitalisation||$246.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Seven West Media share dividends
We're not expecting Seven West Media to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Seven West Media 's shares ever split?
Seven West Media 's shares were split on 11 August 1999.
Seven West Media share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Seven West Media 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.06 up to $0.48. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Seven West Media 's is 1.3257. This would suggest that Seven West Media 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Seven West Media overview
Seven West Media Limited, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated media company in Australia and internationally. The company operates through Television; The West; and Other Business and New Ventures segments. It produces and operates commercial television programming and stations; and distributes programming content. The company also engages in the publishing of newspapers and insert magazines, colourpress, West Australian, Community Newspaper Group, and digital publishing. Seven West Media Limited was incorporated in 1991 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on finder
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $12.24
Steps to owning and managing JetBlue Airways shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $14.05
Steps to owning and managing Azul SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $27.86
Steps to owning and managing Air Transport Services shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $132.56
Steps to owning and managing Allegiant Travel shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $8.32
Steps to owning and managing Controladora Vuela shares from Australia.
How to buy Seven West Media shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Ryanair Holdings plc shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings plc shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert