How to buy Seven West Media (SWM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Seven West Media shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Seven West Media Limited is an entertainment business based in Australia. Seven West Media shares (SWM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Seven West Media has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.3 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Seven West Media
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Seven West Media . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SWM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Seven West Media reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Seven West Media . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Seven West Media key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Seven West Media stock a buy or sell?
- Seven West Media performance over time
- Are Seven West Media shares over-valued?
- Seven West Media 's financials
- How volatile are Seven West Media shares?
- Does Seven West Media pay a dividend?
- Have Seven West Media shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Seven West Media stock price (ASX:SWM)Use our graph to track the performance of SWM stocks over time.
Seven West Media shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.16 - $0.59|
|50-day moving average||$0.4251|
|200-day moving average||$0.4477|
|Dividend yield||$0.02 (4.71%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.207|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Seven West Media stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Seven West Media price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-20)||0.425|
|1 month (2021-09-27)||3.66%|
|3 months (2021-07-27)||-7.61%|
|6 months (2021-04-27)||-15.00%|
|1 year (2020-10-27)||150.00%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||10.39%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||-47.53%|
|5 years (2016-10-27)||-39.29%|
Is Seven West Media under- or over-valued?
Valuing Seven West Media stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Seven West Media 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Seven West Media 's P/E ratio
Seven West Media 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Seven West Media shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Seven West Media 's EBITDA
Seven West Media 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $293.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Seven West Media 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Seven West Media financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.3 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||22.24%|
|Gross profit TTM||$375.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||12%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$655.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Seven West Media share dividends
We're not expecting Seven West Media to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Seven West Media 's shares ever split?
Seven West Media 's shares were split on 11 August 1999.
Seven West Media share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Seven West Media 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.16 up to $0.59. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Seven West Media 's is 2.0985. This would suggest that Seven West Media 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Seven West Media overview
Seven West Media Limited, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated media company in Australia and internationally. The company operates through three segments: Television; The West; and Other Business and New Ventures. It produces and operates commercial television programming and stations; and distributes programming content. The company also engages in the publishing of newspapers and insert magazines, colourpress, West Australian, Community Newspaper Group, and digital publishing. Seven West Media Limited was incorporated in 1991 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Seven West Media
Seven West Media in the news
Seven appoints new Head of Converge...
Seven West Media : in 2022
Seven West Media : Samantha Armytage guest stars on Fa...
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTFD) units
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units from Australia.
How to buy XBTF ETF units
Steps to investing in and managing VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why has the Wesfarmers (WES) share price lifted?
Shares in the owner of Bunnings and Officeworks have lost more than 15% since the full year results in August.
How to invest in the Orange Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Orange Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Biome Australia IPO
Everything we know about the Biome Australia IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy BITO ETF units | $40.06
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert