How to buy Senex Energy shares | A$0.325
Own Senex Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Senex Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Senex Energy shares (SXY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.325 – a decrease of 2.99% over the previous week. Senex Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $123.7 million.
How to buy shares in Senex Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Senex Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SXY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Senex Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.325, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Senex Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Senex Energy key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Senex Energy stock a buy or sell?
- Senex Energy performance over time
- Are Senex Energy shares over-valued?
- Senex Energy 's financials
- How volatile are Senex Energy shares?
- Does Senex Energy pay a dividend?
- Have Senex Energy shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Senex Energy 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Senex Energy 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.325, which is 5.80% down on its pre-crash value of $0.345 and 170.83% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.12.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Senex Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $426.23 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,065.57.
Senex Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SXY stocks over time.
Senex Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.325|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.13 - AUDA$0.375|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3203|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2594|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Senex Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Senex Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-16)||-2.99%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||-1.52%|
|3 months (2020-07-23)||12.07%|
|6 months (2020-04-23)||58.54%|
|1 year (2019-10-23)||-7.14%|
|2 years (2018-10-23)||-30.11%|
|3 years (2017-10-23)||-5.80%|
|5 years (2015-10-23)||58.54%|
Is Senex Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Senex Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Senex Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Senex Energy 's P/E ratio
Senex Energy 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 152x. In other words, Senex Energy shares trade at around 152x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Senex Energy 's EBITDA
Senex Energy 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $46 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Senex Energy 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Senex Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$123.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||-15.42%|
|Market capitalisation||$474.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Senex Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Senex Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Senex Energy 's shares ever split?
Senex Energy 's shares were split on 23 January 2007.
Senex Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Senex Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.13 up to $0.375. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Senex Energy 's is 2.2291. This would suggest that Senex Energy 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Senex Energy overview
Senex Energy Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas resources in Australia. It primarily holds oil and gas assets in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin located in South Australia; and the Surat Basin located in Queensland. The company was formerly known as Victoria Petroleum NL and changed its name to Senex Energy Limited in 2010. Senex Energy Limited was incorporated in 1980 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert