How to buy Select Harvests shares
Own Select Harvests shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Select Harvests Limited is a packaged foods business based in Australia. Select Harvests shares (SHV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Select Harvests has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $247.9 million..
How to buy shares in Select Harvests
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Select Harvests . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SHV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Select Harvests reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $5.03, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Select Harvests . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Select Harvests key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Select Harvests stock a buy or sell?
- Select Harvests performance over time
- Are Select Harvests shares over-valued?
- Select Harvests 's financials
- How volatile are Select Harvests shares?
- Does Select Harvests pay a dividend?
- Have Select Harvests shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Select Harvests share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SHV stocks over time.
Select Harvests shares at a glance
|52-week range||$4.96 - $9.094|
|50-day moving average||$5.2306|
|200-day moving average||$5.6867|
|Dividend yield||$0.08 (1.59%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.259|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Select Harvests stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Select Harvests price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-19)||-2.90%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||-3.82%|
|3 months (2020-10-26)||-19.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||-16.17%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||-40.33%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||-17.94%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||-3.82%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||-12.98%|
Is Select Harvests under- or over-valued?
Valuing Select Harvests stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Select Harvests 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Select Harvests 's P/E ratio
Select Harvests 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 19x. In other words, Select Harvests shares trade at around 19x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Select Harvests 's EBITDA
Select Harvests 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $57.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Select Harvests 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Select Harvests financials
|Revenue TTM||$247.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||15.51%|
|Gross profit TTM||$61.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.09%|
|Market capitalisation||$602.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Select Harvests share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 50% of net profits
Recently Select Harvests has paid out, on average, around 50% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.59% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Select Harvests shareholders could enjoy a 1.59% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Select Harvests 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
Select Harvests 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 10 December 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Select Harvests 's shares ever split?
Select Harvests 's shares were split on 28 February 1997.
Select Harvests share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Select Harvests 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $4.96 up to $9.094. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Select Harvests 's is 0.0312. This would suggest that Select Harvests 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Select Harvests overview
Select Harvests Limited engages in the processing, packaging, marketing, and distribution of edible nuts, dried fruits, seeds, and a range of natural health foods in Australia. The company operates through Almond Division and Food Division segments. It also grows, processes, and sells almonds to the food industry from company owned and leased almond orchards. In addition, the company offers health snacks, cooking nuts, mixes, and muesli; and holds a portfolio of approximately 7,696 hectares of almond orchards. It also exports its products to India and China, as well as the rest of Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. The company offers its products to retailers, distributors, and industrial users under the Lucky, NuVitality, and Sunsol in retail; and Renshaw and Alling Farms in the wholesale and industrial markets. The company is based in Thomastown, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$52.99
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$102.74
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$23.95
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$89.71
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$17.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$75.63
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$49.9
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Select Harvests units | A$9.2
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert