How to buy Security Matters shares
Own Security Matters shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Security Matters Limited is a software-application business based in Australia. Security Matters shares (SMX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Security Matters has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $10,119..
How to buy shares in Security Matters
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Security Matters . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SMX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Security Matters reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.435, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Security Matters . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Security Matters key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Security Matters stock a buy or sell?
- Security Matters performance over time
- Security Matters 's financials
- How volatile are Security Matters shares?
- Does Security Matters pay a dividend?
- Have Security Matters shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Security Matters share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SMX stocks over time.
Security Matters shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.23 - $0.485|
|50-day moving average||$0.4166|
|200-day moving average||$0.3654|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0588|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Security Matters stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Security Matters price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-20)||3.57%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||11.54%|
|3 months (2020-10-27)||24.29%|
|6 months (2020-07-27)||55.36%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||12.99%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||50.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-01-23)||N/A|
Security Matters financials
|Gross profit TTM||$4,749|
|Return on assets TTM||-55.31%|
|Return on equity TTM||-112.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$60.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Security Matters share dividends
We're not expecting Security Matters to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Security Matters 's shares ever split?
Security Matters 's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 7 December 2004. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Security Matters shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Security Matters shares which in turn could have impacted Security Matters 's share price.
Security Matters share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Security Matters 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.23 up to $0.485. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Security Matters 's is 0.7079. This would suggest that Security Matters 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Security Matters overview
Security Matters Limited engages in the development and commercialization of track and trace technologies for various industries in Australia. The company owns and commercializes technology to permanently and irrevocably mark various objects either solid, liquid, or gas allowing identification, proof of authenticity, tracking supply chain movements, quality assurance, and enables sustainability. Its technology comprises a chemical-based hidden barcode system, as well as a reader to identify these codes; and a blockchain record to store and protect ownership data. The company serves brand owners and manufacturers. Security Matters Limited was incorporated in 2018 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Security Matters units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$52.99
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$102.74
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$23.95
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$89.71
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$17.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$75.63
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$49.9
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Security Matters units | A$9.2
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert