How to buy SECOS Group (SES) shares
Learn how to easily invest in SECOS Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SECOS Group is a packaging & containers business based in Australia. SECOS Group shares (SES) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. SECOS Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $31.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in SECOS Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for SECOS Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SES. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SECOS Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of SECOS Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- SECOS Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is SECOS Group stock a buy or sell?
- SECOS Group performance over time
- Are SECOS Group shares over-valued?
- SECOS Group 's financials
- How volatile are SECOS Group shares?
- Does SECOS Group pay a dividend?
- Have SECOS Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
SECOS Group stock price (ASX:SES)Use our graph to track the performance of SES stocks over time.
SECOS Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.105 - $0.39|
|50-day moving average||$0.173|
|200-day moving average||$0.2553|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.003|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy SECOS Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
SECOS Group price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||0.11|
|1 month (2022-05-25)||-31.25%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-52.17%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-61.40%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-59.26%|
|2 years (2020-06-25)||100.00%|
|3 years (2019-06-25)||168.29%|
|5 years (2017-06-22)||40.49%|
Is SECOS Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing SECOS Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of SECOS Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
SECOS Group 's P/E ratio
SECOS Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, SECOS Group shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
SECOS Group 's EBITDA
SECOS Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $243,828 (£138,144).
The EBITDA is a measure of a SECOS Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
SECOS Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$31.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$5.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.25%|
|Market capitalisation||$64.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
SECOS Group share dividends
We're not expecting SECOS Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have SECOS Group 's shares ever split?
SECOS Group 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 9 April 2015. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your SECOS Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for SECOS Group shares which in turn could have impacted SECOS Group 's share price.
SECOS Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, SECOS Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.105 up to $0.39. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while SECOS Group 's is 1.4478. This would suggest that SECOS Group 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
SECOS Group overview
SECOS Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes sustainable packaging materials in Oceanic, Asia, Americas, Europe, and Africa. The company provides biodegradable and compostable resins, packaging products, and cast films to blue-chip companies. It also develops and manufactures bioplastic resins derived from renewable resources for the packaging and plastic products industries. SECOS Group Limited is headquartered in Mount Waverley, Australia.
Stocks similar to SECOS Group
SECOS Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert