How to buy Seafarms Group (SFG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Seafarms Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Seafarms Group is a farm products business based in Australia. Seafarms Group shares (SFG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Seafarms Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $21.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Seafarms Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Seafarms Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SFG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Seafarms Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Seafarms Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Seafarms Group stock price (ASX:SFG)Use our graph to track the performance of SFG stocks over time.
Seafarms Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.011 - $0.086|
|50-day moving average||$0.0159|
|200-day moving average||$0.0316|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.015|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Seafarms Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Seafarms Group price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-20)||-8.33%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-31.25%|
|3 months (2022-03-28)||-59.26%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-65.63%|
|1 year (2021-06-28)||-81.67%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-78.00%|
|3 years (2019-06-28)||-87.50%|
|5 years (2017-06-27)||-81.36%|
Seafarms Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$21.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-24.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||-86.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$58 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Seafarms Group share dividends
We're not expecting Seafarms Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Seafarms Group 's shares ever split?
Seafarms Group 's shares were split on 24 April 1996. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Seafarms Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Seafarms Group shares which in turn could have impacted Seafarms Group 's share price.
Seafarms Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Seafarms Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.011 up to $0.086. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Seafarms Group 's is 0.9881. This would suggest that Seafarms Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Seafarms Group overview
Seafarms Group Limited operates as an aquaculture company in Australia. It is involved in operating, marketing, and selling of fresh and frozen farmed prawns under the Crystal Bay Prawns and Crystal Bay Tiger Prawns brand; and the development of land-based aquaculture projects. It also exports its products. The company was formerly known as Commodities Group Limited and changed its name to Seafarms Group Limited in March 2015. Seafarms Group Limited was incorporated in 1988 and is based in Darwin, Australia.
Stocks similar to Seafarms Group
Seafarms Group in the news
The past three years for Seafarms Group (ASX:SFG) investors has not been profitable
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert