How to buy SciDev (SDV) shares
Learn how to easily invest in SciDev shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SciDev Limited is a specialty chemicals business based in Australia. SciDev shares (SDV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. SciDev has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $30.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in SciDev
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for SciDev . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SDV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SciDev reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of SciDev . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
SciDev stock price (ASX:SDV)Use our graph to track the performance of SDV stocks over time.
SciDev shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.56 - $1.07|
|50-day moving average||$0.8689|
|200-day moving average||$0.8016|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.027|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy SciDev stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
SciDev price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||-9.36%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-15.76%|
|3 years (2018-07-29)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-07-29)||inf%|
|Revenue TTM||$30.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.49%|
|Market capitalisation||$144.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
SciDev share dividends
We're not expecting SciDev to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have SciDev 's shares ever split?
SciDev 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 2 December 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your SciDev shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for SciDev shares which in turn could have impacted SciDev 's share price.
SciDev share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, SciDev 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.56 up to $1.07. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while SciDev 's is 0.749. This would suggest that SciDev 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
SciDev Limited engages in the manufacture and supply of chemicals, technology, and services for industrial processes in Australia and the United States. It offers coagulants and flocculants in powder and liquid form under the MaxiFlox, DairyFlox, OptiFlox, and BioFlox names for mining and mineral processing, dairy products manufacturing, food products manufacturing, and sewage treatment, as well as industrial liquid waste treatment, power generation, oil and gas production, personal products and cosmetics manufacturing, paper and cardboard manufacturing, and paint manufacturing industries. The company was formerly known as Intec Limited and changed its name to SciDev Limited in March 2017. SciDev Limited was incorporated in 1973 and is headquartered in Kings Park, Australia.
Stocks similar to SciDev
SciDev in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert