How to buy Schaffer Corporation shares | A$15.76
Own Schaffer Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
Schaffer Corporation Limited is an auto parts business based in Australia. Schaffer Corporation shares (SFC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $15.76 – a decrease of 0.25% over the previous week. Schaffer Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $155.6 million.
How to buy shares in Schaffer Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Schaffer Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SFC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Schaffer Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $15.76, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Schaffer Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Schaffer Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Schaffer Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Schaffer Corporation performance over time
- Are Schaffer Corporation shares over-valued?
- Schaffer Corporation's financials
- How volatile are Schaffer Corporation shares?
- Does Schaffer Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Schaffer Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Schaffer Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SFC stocks over time.
Schaffer Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$15.76|
|52-week range||AUDA$9.45 - AUDA$17.3|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$15.1817|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$12.7349|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.7 (4.53%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$1.706|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Schaffer Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Schaffer Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||-0.25%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-5.63%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||26.08%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||50.10%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||12.57%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||1.68%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||107.37%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||242.61%|
Is Schaffer Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Schaffer Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Schaffer Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Schaffer Corporation's P/E ratio
Schaffer Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Schaffer Corporation shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Schaffer Corporation's EBITDA
Schaffer Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $34.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Schaffer Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Schaffer Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$155.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||20.35%|
|Gross profit TTM||$43.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.77%|
|Return on equity TTM||22.64%|
|Market capitalisation||$214.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Schaffer Corporation share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 49.82% of net profits
Recently Schaffer Corporation has paid out, on average, around 49.82% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.53% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Schaffer Corporation shareholders could enjoy a 4.53% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Schaffer Corporation's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.7 per share.
While Schaffer Corporation's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Schaffer Corporation may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 6 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Schaffer Corporation's shares ever split?
Schaffer Corporation's shares were split on a 11:10 basis on 31 August 2000. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 11 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Schaffer Corporation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9.1% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Schaffer Corporation shares which in turn could have impacted Schaffer Corporation's share price.
Schaffer Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Schaffer Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $9.45 up to $17.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Schaffer Corporation's is 0.6325. This would suggest that Schaffer Corporation's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Schaffer Corporation overview
Schaffer Corporation Limited, a diversified industrial company, manufactures and sells automotive leather and building materials primarily in Australia, Asia, and Europe. The company's Automotive Leather segment manufactures and supplies leather to automotive manufacturers in the automotive industry. Its Building Materials segment manufactures pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete floors, beams, and wall products primarily for the construction market. The Group Investments segment leases office, factory, and retail properties; and develops and sells property assets. It also owns the North Coogee land, a residential property. The company was incorporated in 1955 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert