We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Saracen Mineral Holdings shares (SAR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $6.08 – an increase of 0.33% over the previous week. Saracen Mineral Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.1 billion.
How to buy shares in Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Saracen Mineral Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Saracen Mineral Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $6.08, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Saracen Mineral Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Saracen Mineral Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings performance over time
- Are Saracen Mineral Holdings shares over-valued?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings's financials
- How volatile are Saracen Mineral Holdings shares?
- Does Saracen Mineral Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Saracen Mineral Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Saracen Mineral Holdings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Saracen Mineral Holdings's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $6.08, which is 31.09% up on its pre-crash value of $4.19 and 115.60% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.82.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Saracen Mineral Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $755.72 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,547.06.
Saracen Mineral Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SAR stocks over time.
Saracen Mineral Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$6.08|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.81 - AUDA$6.605|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$5.3975|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$5.2165|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.188|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Saracen Mineral Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Saracen Mineral Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-20)||0.33%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||20.16%|
|3 months (2020-07-27)||-6.17%|
|6 months (2020-04-27)||33.33%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||70.31%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||154.06%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||342.79%|
|5 years (2015-10-27)||968.92%|
Is Saracen Mineral Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Saracen Mineral Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Saracen Mineral Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Saracen Mineral Holdings's P/E ratio
Saracen Mineral Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 32x. In other words, Saracen Mineral Holdings shares trade at around 32x recent earnings.
That's comparable to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14).
Saracen Mineral Holdings's EBITDA
Saracen Mineral Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $475.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Saracen Mineral Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Saracen Mineral Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.1 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||31.66%|
|Gross profit TTM||$523.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||13.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||18.49%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Saracen Mineral Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Saracen Mineral Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares ever split?
Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares were split on 13 December 2006.
Saracen Mineral Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.81 up to $6.605. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Saracen Mineral Holdings's is -0.2131. This would suggest that Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Saracen Mineral Holdings has bucked the trend.
Saracen Mineral Holdings overview
Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited, a gold mining company, explores for and develops mineral properties in Australia. It explores for gold and nickel deposits. The company owns 100% interests in the Carosue Dam operations located in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia; and Thunderbox operations located in the Yandal and the Agnew-Wiluna belts in the North Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1987 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert