We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Saracen Mineral Holdings shares (SAR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Saracen Mineral Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.3 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Saracen Mineral Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Saracen Mineral Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Saracen Mineral Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Saracen Mineral Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings performance over time
- Are Saracen Mineral Holdings shares over-valued?
- Saracen Mineral Holdings's financials
- How volatile are Saracen Mineral Holdings shares?
- Does Saracen Mineral Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Saracen Mineral Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Saracen Mineral Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of SAR stocks over time.
Saracen Mineral Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$4.3758 - $6.6976|
|50-day moving average||$4.8617|
|200-day moving average||$5.1995|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.216|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Saracen Mineral Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Saracen Mineral Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Saracen Mineral Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Saracen Mineral Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Saracen Mineral Holdings's P/E ratio
Saracen Mineral Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 22x. In other words, Saracen Mineral Holdings shares trade at around 22x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Saracen Mineral Holdings's EBITDA
Saracen Mineral Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $528.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Saracen Mineral Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Saracen Mineral Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.3 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||31.17%|
|Gross profit TTM||$523.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||9.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.42%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Saracen Mineral Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 12.67% of net profits
Recently Saracen Mineral Holdings has paid out, on average, around 12.67% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Saracen Mineral Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 0% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Saracen Mineral Holdings's case, that would currently equate to about A$N/A per share.
While Saracen Mineral Holdings's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Saracen Mineral Holdings is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 February 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares ever split?
Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares were split on 13 December 2006.
Saracen Mineral Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $4.3758 up to $6.6976. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Saracen Mineral Holdings's is -0.409. This would suggest that Saracen Mineral Holdings's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Saracen Mineral Holdings has bucked the trend.
Saracen Mineral Holdings overview
As of February 3, 2021, Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited operates as a subsidiary of Northern Star Resources Limited.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
Ask an Expert