How to buy Santana Minerals (SMI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Santana Minerals shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Santana Minerals is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Santana Minerals shares (SMI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Santana Minerals has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $83.6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Santana Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Santana Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SMI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Santana Minerals reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Santana Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Santana Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Santana Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Santana Minerals performance over time
- Santana Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Santana Minerals shares?
- Does Santana Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Santana Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Santana Minerals stock price (ASX:SMI)Use our graph to track the performance of SMI stocks over time.
Santana Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.08 - $1.02|
|50-day moving average||$0.7901|
|200-day moving average||$0.4598|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.015|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Santana Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Santana Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-28)||0.64|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||-28.89%|
|3 months (2022-04-05)||7.56%|
|6 months (2022-01-05)||88.24%|
|1 year (2021-07-05)||573.68%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||-93.47%|
|3 years (2019-07-05)||-96.73%|
|5 years (2017-07-05)||-99.47%|
Santana Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||7.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.8%|
|Market capitalisation||$83.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Santana Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Santana Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Santana Minerals 's shares ever split?
Santana Minerals 's shares were split on a 1:70 basis on 29 October 2020. So if you had owned 70 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Santana Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 6900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Santana Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Santana Minerals 's share price.
Santana Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Santana Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.08 up to $1.02. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Santana Minerals 's is -0.0186. This would suggest that Santana Minerals 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Santana Minerals has bucked the trend.
Santana Minerals overview
Santana Minerals Limited engages in the exploration and evaluation of gold, silver, and base metal properties in New Zealand, Cambodia, and Mexico. It holds a 100% interest in the Bendigo-Ophir gold project covering an area of 252 square kilometers located in Central Otago, New Zealand. The company also holds interests in the Cuitaboca Silver-Gold Project situated in Mexico. Santana Minerals Limited was incorporated in 2013 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Santana Minerals
Santana Minerals in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert