How to buy Santana Minerals (SMI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Santana Minerals shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Santana Minerals Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Santana Minerals shares (SMI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Santana Minerals has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $12.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Santana Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Santana Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: SMI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Santana Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Santana Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Santana Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Santana Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Santana Minerals performance over time
- Santana Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Santana Minerals shares?
- Does Santana Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Santana Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Santana Minerals stock price (ASX:SMI)Use our graph to track the performance of SMI stocks over time.
Santana Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.003 - $0.315|
|50-day moving average||$0.1001|
|200-day moving average||$0.1335|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.005|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Santana Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Santana Minerals price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||43.75%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-28.13%|
|1 year (2020-07-29)||inf%|
|2 years (2019-07-29)||inf%|
|3 years (2018-07-29)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-07-29)||inf%|
Is Santana Minerals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Santana Minerals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Santana Minerals 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Santana Minerals 's EBITDA
Santana Minerals 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $120,638.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Santana Minerals 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Santana Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.35%|
|Return on equity TTM||-42.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$12.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Santana Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Santana Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Santana Minerals 's shares ever split?
Santana Minerals 's shares were split on a 1:70 basis on 28 October 2020. So if you had owned 70 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Santana Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 6900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Santana Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Santana Minerals 's share price.
Santana Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Santana Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.315. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Santana Minerals 's is 0.5669. This would suggest that Santana Minerals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Santana Minerals overview
Santana Minerals Limited engages in the exploration and evaluation of gold, silver, and base metal properties in Laos, Mexico and Chile. It holds interest in Becker Gold Project located in Chile; Cuitaboca Silver-Gold Project located in Mexico; and Sayabouly Project located in Laos. Santana Minerals Limited was incorporated in 2013 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Santana Minerals
Santana Minerals in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert