Where to buy isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol online
Need to disinfect? This is where you can buy isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol online and get it shipped to Australian addresses.
In popular demand thanks to its ability to clean clean surfaces around your home, kill germs, disinfect wounds and even use in your skincare routine to fight bacteria, isopropyl and rubbing alcohol can be hard to come by in stores.
If you're in need, we have you covered. These retailers sell isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol and will ship to addresses in Australia.
Amazon Australia is home to all brands of rubbing alcohol at a range of fabulous price points. Find exactly what you need and more!
- Secure transactions as Amazon has its own payment processing system
- Search through a range of frequent deals and savings
- Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
eBay is a one-stop shop for all kinds of everyday items. From homewares to cleaning products to beauty items, you can find almost everything on eBay – including rubbing alcohol.
- You can pay with PayPal
- Sign up to eBay Plus to get free shipping for an annual subscription fee
- Regular sales and discounts available
Catch is the online destination for bargains and savings. On the hunt for the cheapest rubbing alcohol? This is where you can find it.
- Express delivery options available
- You can sign up for Club Catch, which gives you free delivery choices for an annual subscription fee
- Try out Club Catch free for 30 days
Priceline is a household name when it comes to anything dealing with beauty, health or wellbeing. Take your pick from a variety of brands of rubbing alcohol among other things.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Wide range of popular beauty and pharmaceutical brands
- Gain access to plenty of rewards with the Sister Club program
Alongside rubbing alcohol, you can shop a range of medicinal and beauty products from Chemist Warehouse.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Afterpay is available
- Search through hundreds of discounts on the most popular brands
If you live in Australia, you know about Coles. This leading supermarket can supply you with rubbing alcohol as well as a range of household items.
- Free delivery when you spend over $150
- Live chat with a friendly customer service team
- Click & Collect when you shop before 11am
Which of these retailers offer free delivery on rubbing and isopropyl alcohol?
- eBay: Sign up to eBay Plus to get free shipping for an annual subscription fee
- Coles: Free delivery when you spend over $150
- Chemist Warehouse: Free shipping on orders over $50
- Priceline: Free shipping on orders over $50
- Amazon: Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Catch: Sign up to Club Catch for free delivery choices for an annual subscription fee
What exactly is rubbing alcohol?
Rubbing alcohol is the term used for an antiseptic water-and-alcohol solution that can be used to disinfect surfaces or skin. In Australia, it's usually made from 70-95% isopropyl alcohol and water, but sometimes less.
For example, the popular brand Isocol uses a solution of 64% isopropyl alcohol.
The lower percentage means it's great to use around the house - whether it be for disinfecting or cleaning surfaces.
How does isopropyl alcohol kill bacteria?
According to the Centre for Disease Control, alcohol is bactericidal, which means it's a substance that's able to kill bacteria. However, when the rubbing alcohol solution is diluted to less than 50%, it's not nearly as effective.
The CDC recommends to stick to solutions that are 60% alcohol or higher.
What's the difference between rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol?
In Australia, rubbing alcohol is made from a combination of water with rubbing alcohol, usually between 70-95% alcohol with the remainder being water.
In the United States, rubbing alcohol is more frequently made with ethyl-based alcohol.
Rubbing alcohol is made from isopropyl alcohol and the two terms are often used interchangeably. Usually when you're purchasing isopropyl alcohol, it's actually rubbing alcohol made with isopropyl alcohol
What is rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol used for?
As an antiseptic cleanser, a few uses for rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol include:
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser
- Dries oily skin
- Disinfecting surfaces
- Cleaning makeup brushes
- Removing ink from hard surfaces or skin
It's not recommended to apply alcohol to broken skin or burns.
Image Source: Getty
Ask an Expert