How to buy Rivian Automotive (RIVN) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Rivian Automotive shares.
Electric vehicle maker Rivian wrapped its initial public offering at US$78 per share, well above the raised US$72 and US$74 price range. The offering values Rivian at US$66.5 billion.
Shares shot up to US$106.75 when trading opened and were holding just about US$100 near the close.
How to buy shares in Rivian Automotive
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company listed in the US from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. Look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, which will typically include your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Rivian Automotive. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RIVN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment that matches your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Rivian Automotive reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying using consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$19.19, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Rivian Automotive, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Rivian Automotive. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights.
Rivian Automotive stock price (NASDAQ:RIVN)Use our graph to track the performance of RIVN stocks over time.
Rivian Automotive shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$11.68 - US$29.2754|
|50-day moving average||US$18.2528|
|200-day moving average||US$17.979|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-6.02|
Rivian Automotive price performance over time
|1 week (2023-12-01)||6.43%|
|1 month (2023-11-08)||12.88%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||-16.93%|
|6 months (2023-06-08)||36.58%|
|1 year (2022-12-08)||-32.86%|
|2 years (2021-12-09)||-83.37%|
Compare trading platforms to buy Rivian Automotive shares
Is it a good time to buy Rivian Automotive stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Rivian Automotive share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Rivian Automotive's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$11.68 up to US$29.2754. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Rivian Automotive's is 2.052. This would suggest that Rivian Automotive's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
To put Rivian Automotive's beta into context you can compare it against those of similar companies.
Rivian Automotive financials
|Revenue TTM||US$3.8 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-3,123,000,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||-43.52%|
|Market capitalisation||US$17.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Rivian Automotive share dividends
We're not expecting Rivian Automotive to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
You may also wish to consider:
- Workhorse Group (WKHS.US) (1.89% forward annual dividend yield)
Rivian Automotive overview
Rivian Automotive, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and accessories. The company offers five-passenger pickup trucks and seven-passenger sports utility vehicles. It provides Rivian Commercial Vehicle platform for Electric Delivery Van with collaboration with Amazon.com, Inc. The company sells its products directly to customers in the consumer and commercial markets. Rivian Automotive, Inc. was founded in 2009 and is based in Irvine, California.
Stocks similar to Rivian Automotive
Rivian Automotive in the news
The Electric Pickup Universe Continues To Evolve
Rivian started as Buy at Stifel, Datadog upgraded: 4 big analyst picks
Tesla And Rivian Are Redefining Two Key Automotive Concepts
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert