How to buy Ridley Corporation (RIC) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Ridley Corporation shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ridley Corporation Limited is a farm products business based in Australia. Ridley Corporation shares (RIC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Ridley Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $927.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Ridley Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ridley Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RIC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ridley Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ridley Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Ridley Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ridley Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Ridley Corporation performance over time
- Are Ridley Corporation shares over-valued?
- Ridley Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Ridley Corporation shares?
- Does Ridley Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Ridley Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Ridley Corporation stock price (ASX:RIC)Use our graph to track the performance of RIC stocks over time.
Ridley Corporation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.76 - $1.39|
|50-day moving average||$1.2377|
|200-day moving average||$1.153|
|Dividend yield||$0.02 (1.5%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.076|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Ridley Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ridley Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-17)||5.30%|
|1 month (2021-08-25)||12.10%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||18.80%|
|6 months (2021-03-25)||17.80%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||78.21%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||38.31%|
|3 years (2018-09-25)||-7.33%|
|5 years (2016-09-23)||8.59%|
Is Ridley Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ridley Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ridley Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ridley Corporation 's P/E ratio
Ridley Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, Ridley Corporation shares trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Ridley Corporation 's EBITDA
Ridley Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $58.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ridley Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ridley Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$927.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||3.73%|
|Gross profit TTM||$79 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.07%|
|Market capitalisation||$421.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ridley Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Ridley Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Ridley Corporation 's shares ever split?
Ridley Corporation 's shares were split on 19 March 2000.
Ridley Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ridley Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.76 up to $1.39. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ridley Corporation 's is 0.9287. This would suggest that Ridley Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Ridley Corporation overview
Ridley Corporation Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides animal nutrition solutions in Australia. The company offers animal nutrition feed in packaged form from 10 ? 30 kg bags; monogastric and ruminant commercial feeds; aqua feeds, such as salmonids, prawns, barramundi, native and marine fish, and aqua culture supplies; and rendered ingredients, including meat and bone meal, tallows, poultry meal and oils, feather meal, blood meal, and custom blended products. It offers products primarily under the Ridley, Barastoc, Rumevite, Cobber, and Primo brands. The company provides its animal nutrition solutions in dairy, poultry, pig, beef, horse, sheep, pet food, aquaculture, and lifestyle industries. It also exports its products. The company was incorporated in 1987 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Stocks similar to Ridley Corporation
Ridley Corporation in the news
What Is Ridley Corporation Limited's (ASX:RIC) Share Price Doing?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Austral Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Austral Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Rio Tinto’s share price sets sights on $100
Shares in mining giant Rio Tinto are up just 5% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert