How to buy Ridley Corporation shares | A$0.79
Own Ridley Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Ridley Corporation Limited is a farm products business based in Australia. Ridley Corporation shares (RIC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.79 – a decrease of 4.24% over the previous week. Ridley Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $967.9 million.
How to buy shares in Ridley Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ridley Corporation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RIC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ridley Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.79, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ridley Corporation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Ridley Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ridley Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Ridley Corporation performance over time
- Are Ridley Corporation shares over-valued?
- Ridley Corporation 's financials
- How volatile are Ridley Corporation shares?
- Does Ridley Corporation pay a dividend?
- Have Ridley Corporation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Ridley Corporation 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Ridley Corporation 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.79, which is 20.60% down on its pre-crash value of $0.995 and 18.80% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.665.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Ridley Corporation shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $693.07 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $782.18.
Ridley Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RIC stocks over time.
Ridley Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.79|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.655 - AUDA$1.18|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.7939|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.7509|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (3.73%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.022|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Ridley Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ridley Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-15)||-5.95%|
|1 month (2020-09-22)||1.28%|
|3 months (2020-07-22)||8.22%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||8.97%|
|1 year (2019-10-22)||-26.17%|
|2 years (2018-10-22)||-44.95%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-43.77%|
|5 years (2015-10-22)||-36.80%|
Is Ridley Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ridley Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ridley Corporation 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ridley Corporation 's P/E ratio
Ridley Corporation 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 30x. In other words, Ridley Corporation shares trade at around 30x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Ridley Corporation 's EBITDA
Ridley Corporation 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $52.5 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ridley Corporation 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ridley Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$967.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||3.36%|
|Gross profit TTM||$66.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.33%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.21%|
|Market capitalisation||$257 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ridley Corporation share dividends
We're not expecting Ridley Corporation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Ridley Corporation 's shares ever split?
Ridley Corporation 's shares were split on 19 March 2000.
Ridley Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ridley Corporation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.655 up to $1.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ridley Corporation 's is 0.6521. This would suggest that Ridley Corporation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Ridley Corporation overview
Ridley Corporation Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides animal nutrition solutions in Australia. The company offers animal nutrition feed in packaged form from 10 ? 30 kg bags; monogastric and ruminant commercial feeds; fish meals; and animal meals, including meat and bone meal, poultry meal, feather meal, blood meal, and custom blended products. It offers products primarily under the Ridley, Barastoc, Rumevite, Cobber, and Primo brands. The company provides its animal nutrition solutions in dairy, poultry, pig, beef, horse, sheep, pet food, aquaculture, and lifestyle industries. It also exports its products. The company was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy xbox one racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox one cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert