How to buy Retail Food Group shares | A$0.069
Own Retail Food Group shares in just a few minutes.
Retail Food Group Limited is a restaurants business based in Australia. Retail Food Group shares (RFG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.069 – a decrease of 2.82% over the previous week. Retail Food Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $224.8 million.
How to buy shares in Retail Food Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Retail Food Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RFG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Retail Food Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.069, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Retail Food Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Retail Food Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Retail Food Group stock a buy or sell?
- Retail Food Group performance over time
- Are Retail Food Group shares over-valued?
- Retail Food Group's financials
- How volatile are Retail Food Group shares?
- Does Retail Food Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Retail Food Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Retail Food Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.069, which is 28.87% down on its pre-crash value of $0.097 and 165.38% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.026.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Retail Food Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $350.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $690.00.
Retail Food Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RFG stocks over time.
Retail Food Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.069|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.026 - AUDA$0.19|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0665|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0619|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.817|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Retail Food Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Retail Food Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-13)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-08-24)||1.47%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||97.14%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-20)||N/A|
Is Retail Food Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Retail Food Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Retail Food Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Retail Food Group's P/E ratio
Retail Food Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 7x. In other words, Retail Food Group shares trade at around 7x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Retail Food Group's EBITDA
Retail Food Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Retail Food Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Retail Food Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$224.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$98.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.83%|
|Return on equity TTM||16.84%|
|Market capitalisation||$148.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Retail Food Group share dividends
We're not expecting Retail Food Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Retail Food Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Retail Food Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.026 up to $0.19. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Retail Food Group's is 1.5434. This would suggest that Retail Food Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Retail Food Group overview
Retail Food Group Limited, a food and beverage company, owns multi-brand retail food franchise business in Australia and internationally. It operates through Bakery/Café, QSR, Coffee Retail, and Di Bella Coffee segments. The company engages in the ownership of intellectual property; development and management of coffee roasting facilities; and the wholesale supply of coffee and allied products. The company operates a network of approximately 2,400 outlets. Retail Food Group Limited was founded in 1989 and is based in Robina, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert