How to buy Resource Generation (RES) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Resource Generation shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Resource Generation is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Resource Generation shares (RES) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Resource Generation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $118,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Resource Generation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Resource Generation . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RES. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Resource Generation reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Resource Generation . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Resource Generation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Resource Generation stock a buy or sell?
- Resource Generation performance over time
- Resource Generation 's financials
- How volatile are Resource Generation shares?
- Does Resource Generation pay a dividend?
- Have Resource Generation shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Resource Generation stock price (ASX:RES)Use our graph to track the performance of RES stocks over time.
Resource Generation shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.064 - $4.608|
|50-day moving average||$2.5178|
|200-day moving average||$0.6774|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-1.023|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Resource Generation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Resource Generation price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-22)||4.608|
|1 month (2022-05-30)||-98.61%|
|3 months (2022-03-30)||0.00%|
|6 months (2021-12-30)||0.00%|
|1 year (2021-06-30)||0.00%|
|2 years (2020-06-30)||6.67%|
|3 years (2019-06-28)||-44.35%|
|5 years (2017-06-29)||28.00%|
Resource Generation financials
|Gross profit TTM||$174,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.9%|
|Return on equity TTM||-7.81%|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Resource Generation share dividends
We're not expecting Resource Generation to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Resource Generation 's shares ever split?
Resource Generation 's shares were split on a 1:72 basis on 31 May 2022. So if you had owned 72 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Resource Generation shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 7100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Resource Generation shares which in turn could have impacted Resource Generation 's share price.
Resource Generation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Resource Generation 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.064 up to $4.608. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Resource Generation 's is 0.5367. This would suggest that Resource Generation 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Resource Generation overview
Resource Generation Limited, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a coal producer in South Africa. It owns interest in the Boikarabelo coal mine located in the Waterberg region. The company was formerly known as Comdek Limited and changed its name to Resource Generation Limited in September 2008. Resource Generation Limited is based in Bryanston, South Africa.
Stocks similar to Resource Generation
Resource Generation in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert