We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Resolute Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Resolute Mining shares (RSG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Resolute Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $549.7 million..
How to buy shares in Resolute Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Resolute Mining. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RSG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Resolute Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.875, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Resolute Mining. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Resolute Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Resolute Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Resolute Mining performance over time
- Are Resolute Mining shares over-valued?
- Resolute Mining's financials
- How volatile are Resolute Mining shares?
- Does Resolute Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Resolute Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Resolute Mining share priceUse our graph to track the performance of RSG stocks over time.
Resolute Mining shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.605 - $1.4975|
|50-day moving average||$0.7811|
|200-day moving average||$0.9806|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Resolute Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Resolute Mining price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||24.11%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||14.38%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||2.94%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-37.05%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-27.08%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-22.57%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-22.22%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||250.00%|
Is Resolute Mining under- or over-valued?
Valuing Resolute Mining stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Resolute Mining's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Resolute Mining's P/E ratio
Resolute Mining's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 28x. In other words, Resolute Mining shares trade at around 28x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Resolute Mining's EBITDA
Resolute Mining's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $110.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Resolute Mining's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Resolute Mining financials
|Revenue TTM||$549.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$194.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||-17.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$767.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Resolute Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Resolute Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Resolute Mining's shares ever split?
Resolute Mining's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 24 September 2001. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Resolute Mining shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Resolute Mining shares which in turn could have impacted Resolute Mining's share price.
Resolute Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Resolute Mining's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.605 up to $1.4975. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Resolute Mining's is 0.1982. This would suggest that Resolute Mining's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Resolute Mining overview
Resolute Mining Limited engages in mining, exploration, development, and production of gold properties in Africa and Australia. The company's flagship project is the Syama Gold Mine located in Mali, West Africa. It is also involved in the prospecting and exploration of minerals. Resolute Mining Limited was incorporated in 2001 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Resolute Mining units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert